This topic is locked from further discussion.

badkarma77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By badkarma77
Member since 2002 • 1958 Posts

When gamespot ruined their website over 7 months ago I cancelled my account. Suddenly, I've started receiving daily update emails from gamespot. I click unsubscribe every time but I continue to get them. So I attempted to log onto my account that was supposed to be cancelled but it's not. I went into my settings and changed all of my notifications to disabled but when I click save it automatically changes them back to daily. A year later and this website is still fucked up.

Zakule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2  Edited By Zakule
Member since 2002 • 74 Posts

That sux, yo!

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

What do you mean by "cancelled my account"?

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@badkarma77: Hi there, so it looks like your current notification settings are set to receive a daily notification when something you follow has a news, feature, review, or video published.

But just to be clear, could you please share the titles of the emails that are being sent to you so I can better assist you with your issue? Thanks.

badkarma77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#5  Edited By badkarma77
Member since 2002 • 1958 Posts

@DigitalDame said:

@badkarma77: Hi there, so it looks like your current notification settings are set to receive a daily notification when something you follow has a news, feature, review, or video published.

But just to be clear, could you please share the titles of the emails that are being sent to you so I can better assist you with your issue? Thanks.

If you read my original post, I've tried multiple times to change my notifications to disabled in my account settings but when I click save it changes them back. Under "Email and Notifications - Receive email newsletters from GameSpot" I have this set to "No". Then further below under "Notification Settings, Something I follow is updated, News, features, reviews or videos are published" I change that to disabled but when I click save at the bottom it automatically changes it back to daily. I've also tried clicking unsubscribe in the email itself but it doesn't work. Your site is broken and has been broken since you guys changed it 7 months ago. That's why I left gamespot. New isn't always better. Many are complaining about this very same issue. I'm not the only one and your response in each thread like mine is the same, as if you're hearing it for the first time.. This site has been broken since you changed to the new format. I receive emails from gamepsot now on a regular basis. The subject is "Latest News for Games You Follow". I would delete all the games that I was following but that isn't even possible because it's impossible to edit stacks - something that has been a problem since the website change. How about you just delete my account like I was told it would be by a gamespot admin 7 months ago? Trust me, I never would have returned if it weren't for the damn daily emails that I can't get to stop.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@badkarma77: I see, if you'd like to delete your account please PM me directly so I can better assist you with your issue. Thanks.