Videos don't embed properly in my posts... *Lock requested!*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

EDIT: I just tried turning off my add blocker. That did nothing.

EDIT 2: I just tried the old way of embedding. It didn't work. Is it glitched? Can ANYONE post videos? I haven't seen any lately and I would love to have some feedback.

#3 Edited by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

I'm not going to stop bumping this topic until this issue is resolved.

#4 Posted by lamprey263 (23294 posts) -

I'm having the same issues, would be nice to post videos again. What's strange is this was a feature that worked right until somebody went and "fixed" something.

#5 Posted by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

I'm having the same issues, would be nice to post videos again. What's strange is this was a feature that worked right until somebody went and "fixed" something.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I PMed DigitalDame about this issue a few days ago. She has yet to respond. >_>

#6 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -

I suspect the generated html is wrong - it appears to be an iframe with no src wrapped in a div that uses the video URL as a data-src attribute; without some form of help that's probably only going to do exactly what it's doing - i.e., nothing. Perhaps the intent was to copy the div data-src into the iframe src.

I generally don't keep a close eye on the status of videos, but this seems like an item for the staff.

#7 Edited by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

@gmax said:

I suspect the generated html is wrong - it appears to be an iframe with no src wrapped in a div that uses the video URL as a data-src attribute; without some form of help that's probably only going to do exactly what it's doing - i.e., nothing. Perhaps the intent was to copy the div data-src into the iframe src.

I generally don't keep a close eye on the status of videos, but this seems like an item for the staff.

Do you think you can put in a word with staff to try to get it fixed?

#8 Edited by konvikt_17 (22175 posts) -

have the same issue as well

Honestly not sure why i still come here. nothing works right. simple needed features(that several people have complained about and requested) to make browsing a breeze are have still not been added. site is slow as fuck.

The old site was more functional than this shit(which was supposed to be better)

#9 Edited by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

have the same issue as well

Honestly not sure why i still come here. nothing works right. simple needed features(that several people have complained about and requested) to make browsing a breeze are have still not been added. site is slow as fuck.

The old site was more functional than this shit(which was supposed to be better)

That's why I've started using Gamefaqs a lot more. Only thing I don't like about that site is the fact that the mods are too mod-happy. That and SBAllen is a moron.

#10 Posted by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

Bump because this is still an issue.

#11 Posted by DigitalDame (3901 posts) -

Sorry about the delay, many of us have been on break for the new year. I'll bring this up with the developer team today and see if I can get an update for you guys.

#12 Posted by dannichi (20 posts) -

hey guys. Sorry about that, but embed.ly changed their processing of youtube videos right before christmas break. We'll be rolling out a fix for this in the next 1-2 days (need to make sure things are working properly).

Thanks

#13 Posted by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

Alright, sweet, thanks guys!

#14 Edited by lamprey263 (23294 posts) -

testing testing

#15 Edited by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

Any word on this issue yet?

#16 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

I'll try to work this with other video hosting site,the test will include vimeo,if that's ok...

let's go with the troubled Youtube,I'll bring up a sample video to give it a run

...haven't gotten a good clue how this happened

#17 Posted by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -
#18 Edited by Master_Live (14240 posts) -

Testing.

#19 Edited by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

Still doesn't work I guess...

#21 Edited by The-Apostle (12176 posts) -

Had to delete my last post. Anyway, it would appear all problems are fixed, so lock requested!