Video playback with mobile

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Fedakyn3 (1 posts) -

Tried playing a few video's today with my I-pad and got a message over the video saying I needed an HTML 5 capable browser. Now I'm not absolutely sure but this seems like a bug of some kind as its always had no trouble with playback before today, other sites video's play, and I'm fairly certain its version of safari is html 5 capable. My PC seems to run things fine but seems like something worth noting.

#2 Posted by cris123456789 (10 posts) -

Yeah, just noticed the same. Tried with Safari and chrome, both coming up with the same error...

#3 Edited by westy_58 (73 posts) -

This is very frustrating. I have found that it only happens with newer videos. Some of the older videos work fine.

#4 Posted by maryamnot (6 posts) -

I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Updated on Sunday to ios 7.0.6, and I can't view any videos, instead, I get the message, 'please use a html5 capable browser to watch videos'. I contacted apple support, they suggested to contact the site where the problem occurs. I downloaded chrome after that, only to have the exact same problem. And the help, submit a question page of this site, won't submit my question. Getting a tad frustrated, after spending the last hour and a half finding a fix for this problem.

#5 Posted by x-2tha-z (8895 posts) -

I'm getting the same problem on my Android phone. It just started over the last couple of days. GS seems to have more technical issues than any other site I visit on the internet.

#6 Posted by Northuz (3 posts) -

Same problem.

#7 Posted by RussellMartin (86 posts) -

I'm having this exact problem. Please help!!!!!

#8 Edited by Xanthony (28 posts) -

Seem to have gotten it to work if I view website in "widescreen", do this before viewing the page with the video. You'll know its working if you see the play button above res settings

#9 Posted by RussellMartin (86 posts) -

Wow! That did it! Thanks so much!!!