User Review Requests Archive Discussion!

• 161 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

charlie_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#151 charlie_killer
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

Tis' a shame no one is actively trying to get their voice heard here anymore; I guess It I'll be a long time before the review system gets overhauled...

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#152 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Tis' a shame no one is actively trying to get their voice heard here anymore; I guess It I'll be a long time before the review system gets overhauled...charlie_killer

Seems so. Damn shame, too. The user reviews section really needs improvements.

ps3gameplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#153 ps3gameplayer
Member since 2011 • 225 Posts

A Few Suggestions:

• Be able to make user reviews look like normal Gamespot ones, so have the ability to type cetain things in and they show up as 'the good' and 'the bad' and add game medals.
  • Be able to add images.
  • Go back to scores of 0.1s, starting at 0.1 and ending at 10. 1.0 for Big Rigs is extremely overrating the game.
  • Comments for user reviews.
gamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#154 gamespot
Member since 2003 • 901308 Posts

Hello GameSpot citizens.

One hundred and twenty votes a year later. I hoped for a thousand or more votes by now.

I find more people caring about comments, forum and blogs.

Please have more people vote and we'll consider changes to your review space at a later time.

Thank you.

NightFox313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#155 NightFox313
Member since 2011 • 103 Posts

I like the idea of adding in the features similar to the official GameSpot video game reviews, like "The Good/The Bad", Merits/Demerits, the ability to link your review with a video review (if available).

Some others may have come up with those ideas as well.

Like @ps3gameplayer said, the ideas of being able to insert images and being able to comment on other peoples' reviews sound like great ideas. However I think the idea of being able to insert links to other reviews could work out - though I'm not sure on that one.

I also missed the feature of being able to rate certain categories as numbers, to give a little bit of flexibility on how the final score can be made. I remember when I used to read reviews a while back I was able to see ratings for things like Gameplay, Sound, Graphics, Controls, Story, etc. - I liked that feature - it gives the review a bigger scope on the depth of the game.

Well those are some of my opinions on the User Review features. I'll post more later when I can think of more ways to improve it.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#156 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
I would love to see thumbs down of reviews removed. No need to thumb down a review, as it can be abused and dissuades others unfairly from reading the review.
Avatar image for der_spudmeister
der_spudmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#157 der_spudmeister
Member since 2005 • 607 Posts

Hello GameSpot citizens.

One hundred and twenty votes a year later. I hoped for a thousand or more votes by now.

I find more people caring about comments, forum and blogs.

Please have more people vote and we'll consider changes to your review space at a later time.

Thank you.

GameSpot
I found more people caring about the busted profile views too but that hasn't been fixed yet. Too busy focusing on that Fuse-integration no one asked for, I guess? :P
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#160 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Video reviews would be pretty cool.
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#161 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

There needs to be a feature to add images, just like in threads, if anyone has read my reviewes, they will notice I always post a link to an image underneath, I would like to be able to replace that with a real image.