This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149522 posts) -

I looked on this board and didn't see this issue addressed. If it has been my apologies.

Would it be too much to ask for our user name to show up the way it was created? I realize there was a length issue in the past but it should not be shortened with the new site. My name did show up as created before and looks really silly now.

#2 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23080 posts) -

I second this.

#3 Posted by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

I third this!

#4 Posted by MetalDragon199 (190 posts) -

in the name of everyone with a lengthy name i sign this

#5 Edited by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

Me 5.

#6 Edited by harry_james_pot (10144 posts) -

I agree. I don't want jam in my username!

#7 Edited by s_h_a_d_o (1266 posts) -

I third this!

I don't know... PiscesChic has a ring to it.

:P

#8 Edited by PiscesChick93 (10687 posts) -

@PiscesChick93 said:

I third this!

I don't know... PiscesChic has a ring to it.

:P

Hmm, I agree actually :o

Very French ^_^

#9 Posted by Elk (471 posts) -

I've never had this affect me XD

#10 Edited by Swedish_Chef (617 posts) -

I agree. I don't want jam in my username!

You don't want to be Harry Jam anymore? haha

#11 Edited by Randolph (10346 posts) -

They should just stick to our names being on top, all of your names look fine at the top of the posts, so that's the only place they should be. Having our names and post counts in two places on every post is redundant anyway.

#12 Posted by harry_james_pot (10144 posts) -

@Randolph said:

They should just stick to our names being on top, all of your names look fine at the top of the posts, so that's the only place they should be. Having our names and post counts in two places on every post is redundant anyway.

It was like that in the beta, and everyone requested that it should be moved under the avatar. If it's gonna show up in just one place, then it's there. otherwise it looks like a comment section and not a forum.

#13 Posted by dab198 (3890 posts) -

Glad i've got a short username. Having it truncated like that would drive me insane.

#14 Edited by LJS9502_basic (149522 posts) -

@Randolph said:

Having the name up top makes me think it's a quote. Not an original.

#15 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

short and simple usernames - 1

lengthy and complicated usernames - zip

#16 Edited by Randolph (10346 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Randolph said:

Having the name up top makes me think it's a quote. Not an original.

Oh I get that, that was the complaint during the open beta too. But the truncated names are a massive eyesore. If they can't do it without that, I don't think they should so it at all. Just my two cents.

#17 Edited by stylyy (130 posts) -

I can get this fix in for you guys, expect it on the next push.

#18 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1266 posts) -

@stylyy said:

I can get this fix in for you guys, expect it on the next push.

Is this the fix? The fact that they're now wrapped onto two lines?

Not that it bothers me. :P

#19 Posted by stylyy (130 posts) -

@s_h_a_d_o: er, you're right...ill make that area wider, but if your username is reallllly long. Not a whole lot I can do about that.

#20 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1266 posts) -

@stylyy said:

@s_h_a_d_o: er, you're right...ill make that area wider, but if your username is reallllly long. Not a whole lot I can do about that.

While I've got you here, what's the story with the display of First/Last Names on profile pages? I use an honorific for my First Name, which seems to be the only one displayed, so my profile just has me as 'Mr'. :|

#21 Edited by s_h_a_d_o (1266 posts) -

@stylyy

While I've got you here, what's the story with the display of First/Last Names on profile pages? I use an honorific for my First Name, which seems to be the only one displayed, so my profile just has me as 'Mr'. :|

Actually, belay that - I guess it's just an issue specific to the profile owner - at least the public page seems OK.

#22 Posted by stylyy (130 posts) -

@s_h_a_d_o: ya on your first person profile, you'll see copy that's unique to you, third person profiles should be what you expect another user to see.