Updated: Adding to collections should be possible from gamespaces

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#201 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"]Is this a joke? It still adds automatically to the following list!!dab198
I said as much 7 posts ago :( I won't be unstickying this thread until that changes.

Fight the power brother! :P

Adding games to "my collection" is now a drag thanks to the recent follow games update.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#202 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

[QUOTE="dab198"][QUOTE="Rod90"]Is this a joke? It still adds automatically to the following list!!shinian
I said as much 7 posts ago :( I won't be unstickying this thread until that changes.

Fight the power brother! :P

Adding games to "my collection" is now a drag thanks to the recent follow games update.

Of course, after I posted that, the auto-following bug was fixed.

It's still lame having to search for games to add to collections, or by using the 'More info' popout on gamespaces and using the 'Wish it' option. The latter method then evokes a similar hassle of having to remove items from your wishlist.

I might rename the thread to something akin to adding to collections now being a nuisance. I'm not sure anyone who's posted in this thread in the 9 months it's been going is happy with the way this has been 'fixed'.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

It's still lame having to search for games to add to collections, or by using the 'More info' popout on gamespaces and using the 'Wish it' option. The latter method then evokes a similar hassle of having to remove items from your wishlist.

dab198

Yeah, especially when search acts up and it doesn't find said game.

kirkonacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#204 kirkonacid
Member since 2010 • 486 Posts

This function is very cumbersome and annoying, please change it back!

xsynth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 xsynth
Member since 2010 • 864 Posts

I might rename the thread to something akin to adding to collections now being a nuisance. I'm not sure anyone who's posted in this thread in the 9 months it's been going is happy with the way this has been 'fixed'.

dab198
Nope definitely not happy with the "fix". Can't we just have separate buttons on the game page for 'follow', 'wishlist', 'add to collection'
XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#206 XenoLair
Member since 2006 • 4758 Posts
When I add a game to my collection I also don't want to see it being automatically followed.
lazyhoboguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#207 lazyhoboguy
Member since 2007 • 1692 Posts

11 pages of people asking for this to be fixed and still nothing.... Cmon Gamespot :|

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 dab198
When I add a game to my collection I also don't want to see it being automatically followed.XenoLair
As far as I'm aware, games are not automatically followed now.
XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 XenoLair
[QUOTE="XenoLair"]When I add a game to my collection I also don't want to see it being automatically followed.dab198

You are right! I thought it was still an issue. I'm glad it was fixed.
syam32245340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#210 syam32245340
Member since 2004 • 1431 Posts

It's fixed already?

Avatar image for AtheistPreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#211 AtheistPreacher
Member since 2002 • 1130 Posts

[QUOTE="XenoLair"]When I add a game to my collection I also don't want to see it being automatically followed.dab198

Except now there's a new problem: no way to do anything except Follow/unFollow on the gamespace. For some reason they force you to do a search to do anything else. The old system of having the same functionality wherever you are made way more sense.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 dab198

[QUOTE="dab198"][QUOTE="XenoLair"]When I add a game to my collection I also don't want to see it being automatically followed.AtheistPreacher

Except now there's a new problem: no way to do anything except Follow/unFollow on the gamespace. For some reason they force you to do a search to do anything else. The old system of having the same functionality wherever you are made way more sense.

And that's why I haven't unstickied the thread.
DAOWAce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#213 DAOWAce
Member since 2003 • 800 Posts

Oh hey, Gamespot forums exist.

Oh hey, people hated the same change I did when it was implimented last year.

Oh hey, they made an even worse change recently.

This isn't going well.

beutlich99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#214 beutlich99
Member since 2006 • 1129 Posts

I agree with the TC

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#215 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

Apparently this was changed recently.When I click the Follow button on a game page, it automatically adds to my Followed Games list! And I can't disable it in the preferences anymore.

I just want to add a game to my collection, not "follow" it. I don't need a bunch of games I already own cluttering up my Updates. This is annoying, please let us disable the automatic following of a game in the preferences.

M3tr4nk0
You can get around this by clicking "add to list" underneath the boxart in a search list.
dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 dab198

[QUOTE="M3tr4nk0"]

Apparently this was changed recently.When I click the Follow button on a game page, it automatically adds to my Followed Games list! And I can't disable it in the preferences anymore.

I just want to add a game to my collection, not "follow" it. I don't need a bunch of games I already own cluttering up my Updates. This is annoying, please let us disable the automatic following of a game in the preferences.

topsemag55

You can get around this by clicking "add to list" underneath the boxart in a search list.

A lot has changed since that first post was made last September. :P Your workaround is the whole point this thread is still stickied; using the search should not be a requirement.

Jaga_Telesin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Jaga_Telesin
Member since 2006 • 431 Posts

Adding fuel to the fire. /signed

spider-baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 spider-baby
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
(hi, im new)
[QUOTE="M3tr4nk0"]

topsemag55

i will do this. would suggest having wishlist, follow and collection button on game page (too).
XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 XenoLair

Id like to see a way to add games from the game page like in the good ol' days too!

Also: when one clicks the button "add to list" why is the game auto added to the collection? Maybe I want to put it on my wish list.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 dab198

Also: when one clicks the button "add to list" why is the game auto added to the collection? Maybe I want to put it on my wish list.

XenoLair
It should only be automatically added to your collection if you've chosen that in your options. Is it ignoring your settings?
XenoLair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 XenoLair
[QUOTE="XenoLair"]

dab198
It should only be automatically added to your collection if you've chosen that in your options. Is it ignoring your settings?

Oh I didnt know that there are options for that. I'll change them!
kerk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 kerk12
Member since 2010 • 1580 Posts
I support this.
PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#228 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Please go back to the old way of adding games. It was fun and simple. Now it's just a pain.

dozier77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 dozier77
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
bump Bump BUMP! How is this not addressed yet? Ridiculous design decision.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts
bump Bump BUMP! How is this not addressed yet? Ridiculous design decision.dozier77
It was addressed but the reason we are keeping it pinned is because it was not reverted back to the previous way of adding games.
azshorty2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#233 azshorty2003
Member since 2004 • 4651 Posts
posted in this thread last July because this issue bothered me. Here we are 7 months later and its still hasnt been fixed. It used to be this way, so it cant be hard to put it back. I keep a complete collection list on here. Its the only place I have every game I own listed.