Unwanted LOL Article Glut

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ggregd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ggregd
Member since 2003 • 850 Posts

I clicked on the League of Legends portal once and now all the LoL news items are in my main feed on the home page. They were not there 5 minutes ago before I went to GS/LoL, and they're taking up half the article slots. How do I get it to stop?

ggregd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 ggregd
Member since 2003 • 850 Posts

Thanks for all your help...

I'll tell you more about your bug and how I fixed it for other people who are afflicted by it. It wasn't just that LoL articles were jamming my news feed, they were the only thing in my news feed. Nothing but articles that mention LoL going back over a week and none of the current news.

To fix it, I had to clear out the browser cache and cookies at least back to the point where I made the mistake of clicking on the LoL portal link. Obviously just because someone clicks a game link once it doesn't mean that's all they want to see. Your LoL coverage is different from the rest of your site, it's like a dedicated sub-site. I'm starting to suspect there is some sort of compensation motivating you to lock people into LoL articles that you took too far.