This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

I looked on the board and didn't see it posted yet, so sorry if this has already been mentioned. On the forums, whenever i click on the number of unread posts, it always takes me back to the first page, instead of to the oldest unread post. This is on all of the boards i've tried it on. the link shows up as something like http://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29300341/system-wars-lounge-v.26.2.004.8-trick-or-treat-edition so it isn't showing the rest of the url line that i would normally see. it typical says unread=17 or something.

#2 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
looking deeper, i have two accounts. and its only on this one that the problem occurs. its fine on the other (chikarashref).
#3 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -
It has been a while since someone has reported an issue like this, but it does sound similar to some we've heard before. Have a look at this discussion and see what you think. I wouldn't be surprised if sort order is the issue.

#4 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -
that seems to have worked. thanks. a couple of my options only said "current", instead of listing what it was set to, and then have current in parenthesis.
#5 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -
Glad that worked. Do you recall which options only said "(Current)"? I suspect those are the ones that got glitched/undefined somehow.

#6 Posted by ChikaraShref (4721 posts) -
could be mistaken, but i'll take a guess and say "Message sort order" and "Topics sort order". those sound right.
#7 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -
Thanks. Might help to know if it happens again.