This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

Hey everyone,

For quite some time you've been mentioning some Unions bugs since the server changes, but I want to make sure I've logged all of the ones that are causing serious problems.

Some issues I just reported for unions is as follows:

- Union icons no longer displaying. Example url from the GS Live Unionhttp://ui26.gamespot.com/1881/homerwoo_2.jpg

-Union leaders cannot get to their admin panel, This might just be me experiencing this issue so please do share if you encounter this problem as a leader. These settings on this page are important for any kind of maintenance you do for your union.

-Union contributors cannot post bulletins to update their front page. I attempted this today and encountered a server error, so please let me know if you also cannot update your union bulletins and share the url of your union.

Now on to the bugs I cannot seem to replicate and would need your assistance to help troubleshoot.

- Resigning from a union from my profile's union list. I am noticing ani ntermittent issue when trying to resign from a union. Sometimes this works successfully and one other times it doesn't work. Synthia said she had no problem leaving a union. If you encounter this bug please share how you came across it, the url of the union, and every page you used to get to the message that has "ERROR

Bandaid fix: If you really want to leave a union and you encounter this error, you'll want to contact customer support via www.gamespot.com/support

- Declining a union invite from the union listing on my profile. Same circumstance as the resign issue above.

- Cannot send Telegrams? That's been reported but I was able to send one fine, so let me know if you still encounter this bug. Pleaase also include the url of your union and how many members you have.

Other concerns you've brought up:

- Wide design solves all union issues? I've been told that it'll take too much time to re-code the pages and the wide design wouldn't resolve many of the union issues but that does not mean you cannot keep asking "when" will it happen just like we used to do with Duke Nukem Forever over the years. I mean, DKF did get released, finally! :P You can continue to ask via the Site Enhancements & feedback forum.

- Officers module on a union page has ancient timestamp dates. Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm PT. This is a known problem and may not get fixed any time soon due to many other outstanding issues.

#2 Posted by dapman418 (14899 posts) -
#3 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
>- Declining a union invite from the union listing on my profile. Same circumstance as the resign issue above. I've had this issue almost since the beginning I got this account. There are two that I can't decline from. I also constantly get bonk errors.
#4 Posted by CountBleck12 (22700 posts) -

I'm still getting Bonk errors every time I post on the old union layout.

#5 Posted by spideynerd3 (11049 posts) -

I'm not a leader of a union, but I am an officer in one, and I'm having issues sending PMs out to the whole union. Every time I go to the admin page and hit the "Telegram" button, write what needs to be sent out, and hit "Send Message", it loads, and then shows the "Oops" bug. Usually it still goes through, but when I tried doing this just a couple hours ago it was only sending it to a handful of the union, and I wasn't even included in it so I wasn't aware it was getting sent out. Here's a link to the union:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/board/909113996/wrestling-and-off-topic-union-board

I'm not 100% sure how many members are apart of this union, but I'd say it is in the 1000 range.

#6 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -
Union icons no longer displaying. Example url from the GS Live Union http://ui26.gamespot.com/1881/homerwoo_2.jpgJodyR
I suspect this is not specifically a union issue per se and is instead the result of this, along with the subsequent reorganization of the legacy images. The indicated image can still be retrieved from the updated URL, which is http://download.gamespotcdn.net/d4/user_images/1881/homerwoo_2.jpg. Updating the URL, however, may require access to the union admin page; if there are problems getting to that then you may have something of a union-specific issue to deal with first, before the updated URL can be applied. For those getting bonk errors in unions, are you outside the US?

#7 Posted by CountBleck12 (22700 posts) -

For those getting bonk errors in unions, are you outside the US?gmax
I'm not.

#8 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

[QUOTE="gmax"]For those getting bonk errors in unions, are you outside the US?CountBleck12

I'm not.

Same here
#9 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -
Nice find, gmax. I'll pass along a note about this.
#10 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -
[QUOTE="CountBleck12"]

[QUOTE="gmax"]For those getting bonk errors in unions, are you outside the US?shadowchronicle

I'm not.

Same here

Dont forget to post the link here, maybe I can clear the cache on the page to reduce the errors until it gets resolved.
#11 Posted by sexyweapons (5302 posts) -

are you outside the US? gmax
I am.

#12 Posted by Big_Evil666 (13817 posts) -

[QUOTE="gmax"]For those getting bonk errors in unions, are you outside the US?CountBleck12

I'm not.

I'm in Canada
#13 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -

I'm still getting Bonk errors every time I post on the old union layout.

CountBleck12
i am still getting the same issue every time i post at the old layout and invites and Telegrams are so glitched. i was hoping thy would fix the issue but sadly no one cares and that just pisses me off. this topic needs to be stickied and all the techs need to read ALL the problems that are hurting Unions.
#14 Posted by jediknight52501 (69715 posts) -

I'm not a leader of a union, but I am an officer in one, and I'm having issues sending PMs out to the whole union. Every time I go to the admin page and hit the "Telegram" button, write what needs to be sent out, and hit "Send Message", it loads, and then shows the "Oops" bug. Usually it still goes through, but when I tried doing this just a couple hours ago it was only sending it to a handful of the union, and I wasn't even included in it so I wasn't aware it was getting sent out. Here's a link to the union:

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/board/909113996/wrestling-and-off-topic-union-board

I'm not 100% sure how many members are apart of this union, but I'd say it is in the 1000 range.

spideynerd3
i try to send out Telegrams and 90% of the members of Unions i am never get the Telegram, this has been an issue for a few years now and GS never, EVER fixed the problem and it is getting worse and worse everyday and they don't care about Unions anymore. it is sad that that people have left this site over all the bad bugs and the lack of updates. Gamespot used to be an awesome site, but not anymore.
#15 Posted by anihimz (14242 posts) -
Is Bonk ever getting fixed Not sounding impatient lol I'm just curious
#16 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -
The technical crew said that bonking should be resolved. If anyone wants to help us test, please report here.
#17 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

After some testing in the following areas:

- Union post with the old design
- clicking on ADMIN tab
- Attempting to create a bulletin

The bug that has been resolved is the first one, attmepting to create a topic or post in a union board. You will no longer receive a bonk or oops error when doing so.

Staff also know about the other bugs but we'll see if they can resolve it before the winter break.

#18 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

We can now post bulletins and visit the admin tab so that's great news

#19 Posted by killerband55 (107961 posts) -

The bug that has been resolved is the first one, attmepting to create a topic or post in a union board. You will no longer receive a bonk or oops error when doing so.

JodyR

that's a great start

#20 Posted by Falcon084 (8757 posts) -

JodyR

Thank you and to everyone involved!

#21 Posted by anihimz (14242 posts) -
Okay so Bonk is gone for the most part Sometimes when I make a post it pops up and sometimes it doesn't The last 3 posts I made were Bonk-free