Unable to post comments

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Duke_51 (786 posts) -

I have seen a couple of threads on this already... but by what some other people described I am not sure I have the same problem. I can't seem to be able to post, like, or reply to comments on videos and news stories. In the box that you're supposed to write a comment in, it simply says "Sign In" - even though I am signed in. Other people's comments aren't marked with dates either.

Anyways, just wondering if this is a problem on my end or if I did something to get my permissions taken away (can't think of anything I would have done to have that happen, though).

#2 Posted by Snaptrap (2186 posts) -
I have the same problem. It's typical. Another rush job feature probably broken.
#3 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -
I don't seem to be having any problems, maybe it was temporary.
#4 Posted by Duke_51 (786 posts) -

Still experiencing this problem. Maybe Livefyre (or whatever the service is that's used for the comments section) doesn't think I'm signed in.

#5 Posted by kitty (115008 posts) -
does this problem occur on every browser you use? or have you only tried using one?
#6 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -
What browser you're both using?
#7 Posted by Duke_51 (786 posts) -

I'm using Firefox. Tried logging in using Internet Explorer and I got the same problem.

#8 Posted by gmax (6862 posts) -
Duke_51, I have not done any checking on this recently, but what you describe reminds me of this and this, where the suspected issue is that you're unknowingly blocking or otherwise failing to load some javascript.

#9 Posted by Duke_51 (786 posts) -

^ Thank you. I read that first thread you posted but it sounded like a different problem, since when I click "sign in" the page I'm on doesn't refresh - nothing happens at all. I'll look into this javascript thing though, thanks.

EDIT: Well it seems my javascripts are enabled, not sure what to do. Kind of at a loss here. Oh well..f
EDIT: I've tried it on another computer as well: javascripts enabled, still can't reply to, like or post comments.

#10 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

^ Thank you. I read that first thread you posted but it sounded like a different problem, since when I click "sign in" the page I'm on doesn't refresh - nothing happens at all. I'll look into this javascript thing though, thanks.

EDIT: Well it seems my javascripts are enabled, not sure what to do. Kind of at a loss here. Oh well..

Duke_51
Thanks for checking into it gmax, and duke_51! I've let Livefyre know about your problem and will follow-up if they have any suggestions.
#11 Posted by gmax (6862 posts) -
I have not studied the LF stuff very much, but it seems like there are some other things going on under the surface. LF should be able to figure out more. Out of curiosity, are you outside the US (internet-wise)? In the mean time, with the issue affecting more than one browser and more than one machine, suspicion will turn to the remaining common denominators, which start to point to the network. It might be worth making sure you are able to actually transfer the javascript code through the network to your machine. See what happens when you try to open these links in a new window: [1] [2] [3]. You should see a bunch of text (javascript code), but regardless of what happens, it should tell us something.

#12 Posted by Duke_51 (786 posts) -

I opened those links and I see a bunch of text. And yes I'm outside of the US - in BC here.

Thank you both for taking the time to help me as well, really appreciate that! I'll post back if it starts to work again.

#13 Posted by Duke_51 (786 posts) -

Well everything seems to be working as normal again. Thanks to you guys for the advice!

#14 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

Well everything seems to be working as normal again. Thanks to you guys for the advice!

Duke_51
That's great to know!
#15 Posted by kmarko (52 posts) -

No it is not fixed ! it is not working with my firefox !

I need to use stupid IE witch is laging and have loot adds and there is not adblocker like on Fire Fox

#16 Posted by isshiah (788 posts) -

@kmarko: I also encountered this issue and it hasn't been resolved. I'm using a tablet, btw, so this site is finicky as it is.