This topic is locked from further discussion.

A-S_FM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 A-S_FM
Member since 2004 • 2208 Posts

this may seem like a pretty pointless complaint, but i'm a pretty pointless kinda guy - so i think it works out quite well

ubisoft - a fairly noteworthy publisher, you may have heard of them

i can't help but notice that the name is constantly being pronounced oo-bee-soft by american gamespot staff during things such as video reviews - but the pronunciation of names transcends regional dialect

it's pronounced you-bee-soft - in the same way that you probably wouldn't call a guy jack when his name is jacques - no matter what country you live in

aside from it being incorrect, and all that - it just makes you look like an idiot

so, yeah, come on - say it with me - you-bee-soft

lee7373

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 lee7373
Member since 2006 • 5828 Posts
I think the admins have to pronounce it right, but that is their way of speaking. You can't change that, they didn't decide to say it one way or another. Usually its just an accent. I am not disagreeing with you, but there is no way to fix the way that the admins pronounce words.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
That's how it is pronounced in French, but in most English speaking countries, they will pronounce it the way you are complaining it to be. Now, not everyone does that, but quite an amount of the people do.
yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
I don't know... I think as long as ubsoft doesn't formally address the issue, people can call it in any way they want. As long as we know what people are talking about and ubsoft doesn't mind, then there shouldn't be a problem.
Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
I believe they are saying it right, I have heard it that way here on GameSpot and G4
spazzx625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#6 spazzx625
Member since 2004 • 43433 Posts
That would be like going to a Taco Bell and complaining when people didn't roll their R's when saying "burrito". I see your point, but some things just don't transfer in languages.
LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 LordAndrew
Member since 2005 • 7355 Posts
It seems pointless to argue about such a thing.