Too many post in a row?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

WTF is that? 2 post in a row a too many?

#2 Posted by MacBoomStick (1948 posts) -

Stop spamming

#3 Edited by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

@MacBoomStick said:

Stop spamming

What about those "what are you listening" threads were you might post 3 songs in a row if no one else is around? GTFO. I'm looking for a mod to clarify if this is temporary or a new wonderful permanent rule?

#4 Posted by konvikt_17 (22159 posts) -

i agree it sucks.

and with the boards being as slow at it is, it makes it damn near impossible at times to respond to different people in a thread or have different conversations.

#5 Posted by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

Can I get a clarification?

#6 Edited by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -

@Master_Live said:

@MacBoomStick said:

Stop spamming

What about those "what are you listening" threads were you might post 3 songs in a row if no one else is around? GTFO. I'm looking for a mod to clarify if this is temporary or a new wonderful permanent rule?

When posting in forums try to be polite when responding to someone instead of telling them to GTFO.

#7 Posted by The-Apostle (12165 posts) -

I hate it myself... Sometimes you just need to bump a topic that's not getting replies.

#8 Edited by RobotOpBuddy (65004 posts) -

Wasn't even aware this was the case, though provided there's not a cap that makes it difficult to set up large threads that would otherwise make multiple posts in a row necessary it doesn't really bother me - for most things you can just edit your post to add in the extra stuff rather than making a new one though.

You'd have to ask staff rather than the mods if you want a real answer - we know little more than you do when it comes to site mechanics like this. Personally though, provided necessary functionality like thread owners bumping their threads now and then and the ability to make threads which especially large/long intro posts that a character cap would prevent fitting into one post such as certain guides remain, I can't see a real issue with this.

#9 Edited by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

@robbristow said:

Wasn't even aware this was the case, though provided there's not a cap that makes it difficult to set up large threads that would otherwise make multiple posts in a row necessary it doesn't really bother me - for most things you can just edit your post to add in the extra stuff rather than making a new one though.

You'd have to ask staff rather than the mods if you want a real answer - we know little more than you do when it comes to site mechanics like this. Personally though, provided necessary functionality like thread owners bumping their threads now and then and the ability to make threads which especially large/long intro posts that a character cap would prevent fitting into one post such as certain guides remain, I can't see a real issue with this.

Thanks for your reply. How do I contact GS staff?

#10 Edited by Ne-Plus-Ultra (248 posts) -

So what now? I commented on the topic of a thread, then I replied to someone, and now I'm locked out of that thread because of "too many posts in a row?" This needs to be fixed. Why should everyone have to fool around putting all their replies in one post? it's been standard for as long as I've been here to be able to answer many people individually, but I guess now we have to cram everything into one confusing post. I hope GameSpot knows that everyone isn't on here all day, and when they get a chance to respond to people they can sometimes post a few times in a row, that's normal, it's not like their spamming the boards, their just doing what GameSpot wants, getting them more clicks, it's stuff like this that helps kill the boards.

EDIT: Sorry I was only temporally locked out of that thread.

#11 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

well if bumping is the issue, you could always delete a post an then post again.