TO GS ADMIN:My adventure of 8 years on GS is about to end

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by andruxandd (138 posts) -

First...excuse my english and i hope will be understood...I'm sure i am a nobody for this site...but...

After 8 years and lively games I decided to retire from the GS website. It's a tough decision that I even let a tear slip on my cheek ...I write often in this time some reviews to a few games ...I lived changes to the website in time ...And now I live like a nightmare on this ... all I wanted ... the old GS site back . But this will not happen, so i decided to not go on with this site.Why?

I'm not going into details but i say only a few words:

Category new releses is a mockery, a few games without date, month or year ... it is inconceivable!

The new site is ugly, mixed with heavy mistakes, bugs ...

Loading difficult and pictures of games loading disastrous (I have a super computer i7/ssd256/8gb ddr3)

And many more ....

Thanks to everyone who read my reviews and I bow to those who have voted me positive.

I migrate all my reviews to another site like GS, I delete soon all here on GS and I finally leave this website that I was with for 8 years ...

I wrote a few topics with the hope that something will happen and some change or something appear but nothing ...Sorry ... but this...new...site is not for me ... GAMESPOT DOES NOT EXIST FOR ME!

This is the last post here...only the old site will bring back me back... but that probably will not happen...farewell GS, I'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm so sorry....

#2 Posted by ChiefFreeman (5523 posts) -

can't blame ypu. I can't even find my friends here anymore. It's a mess.

#3 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

the old site most likely wont return. many more people that have been here longer are leaving as well. unfortunately, one topic from one person will not change anything, all you can do is bad together and support topics that hold your interest, or get people to follow your interests.

#5 Edited by andruxandd (138 posts) -

@leon2365: Ok, if wont return then change some things like NEW RELEASES...now is only 4days of releases games and where are the day/month/year of date release and ALL games releases in the past and future like was in the old site? And this is not a bug is indifference and nonchalance :(

#6 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@andruxandd: if you think its indifference, then there is nothing that can be done for you at the moment. only patience can be had at the moment. as big a feature as that was in the old site, I doubt they dropped it on purpose.

#7 Posted by andruxandd (138 posts) -

@leon2365: "...one topic from one person will not change anything..." yes, this the spirit.... wow, only me scream about that bad changes??? Watch the forums! Jesus, man!

#8 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@andruxandd: "...I wrote a few topics with the hope that something will happen and some change or something appear but nothing..." writing a few topics wont make anything happen though. you are supporting other topics with those you made, and if you post in those other topics it will be even more support, but afterwards, you have to be patient. changes will not happen over night. they take time.

#9 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@andruxandd: "...I wrote a few topics with the hope that something will happen and some change or something appear but nothing..." writing a few topics wont make anything happen though. you are supporting other topics with those you made, and if you post in those other topics it will be even more support, but afterwards, you have to be patient. changes will not happen over night. they take time.

The simple fact is, this place should never have been opened without the features that people are asking about in this forum and that is readily apparent. We would not be seeing you repeatedly telling people to be patient if that had happened. Sure, we will wait, but that wait will have people leaving instead of keeping them around.

#10 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

not to sound so pessimistic on that matter, but those people will eventually be replaced by others than will come and not have known about the old site, or even the site before that, although I do agree that had this site been held back more, it would have been better, but we cant change the past, so all I can do is tell people to wait. whether they want to wait or leave, is up to them. "no skin off my bones."

#11 Posted by andruxandd (138 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

not to sound so pessimistic on that matter, but those people will eventually be replaced by others than will come and not have known about the old site, or even the site before that, although I do agree that had this site been held back more, it would have been better, but we cant change the past, so all I can do is tell people to wait. whether they want to wait or leave, is up to them. "no skin off my bones."

WOW...Your comment is ravishing..."those people will eventually be replaced by others than will come and not have known about the old site" ...

So this is the concept of the new GS site? Throw old users for the coming new ones who did not know the old one GS site was better?

My confidence in this site was 100% before the re-design ...

When entered the new site dropped to 50% ...

After some days has fallen steadily to 20% ..

And with that up statement ... he is now 5% ...

Probably a new user
will come in my place ... with people like you leon2365 probably GS will be a new great site one day...with NEW happy users...

Now it's just an error, a big mistake, a bad reboot with "blue screens" and bad old users...no GS need re-design...team management of GS need re-design and a BIG FORMAT C: ! :/

#12 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@andruxandd: but the fact is that it is not gamespot's focus to replace old users with new ones. its just unfortunately what will end up happening. if you don't want to, or cant see the point im trying to make, then I am sorry. I don't want to put you down, nor do I want to put your confidence level down either. some people like the new design, others don't. all I can do is suggest patience. its up to you to decide to wait or not. and sadly, I cannot provide anymore words of encouragement to stay here as I do not really know you. if you were a friend of mine perhaps, then I could give more words to try to get you to stay. again, I am truly sorry. did not mean to put you or your confidence level down. but then again, "the truth hurts." or so they say.

#13 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12018 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@andruxandd: but the fact is that it is not gamespot's focus to replace old users with new ones. its just unfortunately what will end up happening. if you don't want to, or cant see the point im trying to make, then I am sorry. I don't want to put you down, nor do I want to put your confidence level down either. some people like the new design, others don't. all I can do is suggest patience. its up to you to decide to wait or not. and sadly, I cannot provide anymore words of encouragement to stay here as I do not really know you. if you were a friend of mine perhaps, then I could give more words to try to get you to stay. again, I am truly sorry. did not mean to put you or your confidence level down. but then again, "the truth hurts." or so they say.

GameSpot's intent was to bring new users to the website. I have said it before and it bears saying again. If people are leaving, they are going to tell people of the bad experiences that they had here since the redesign and will have an adverse effect on the ability for GS to get new people to come here. The new website and forums design, right now, is a lose/lose situation for GS and can backfire on them due to not getting the advertising dollars that they expect from the visits of people be it old or new. The use of AdBlocker also keeps GS from getting that revenue that they are after to keep the website going which increases the need for more people to come to GS and will not due to bad design and lack of features.

#14 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@WhiteKnight77 said:

@leon2365 said:

GameSpot's intent was to bring new users to the website. I have said it before and it bears saying again. If people are leaving, they are going to tell people of the bad experiences that they had here since the redesign and will have an adverse effect on the ability for GS to get new people to come here. The new website and forums design, right now, is a lose/lose situation for GS and can backfire on them due to not getting the advertising dollars that they expect from the visits of people be it old or new. The use of AdBlocker also keeps GS from getting that revenue that they are after to keep the website going which increases the need for more people to come to GS and will not due to bad design and lack of features.

that will happen for a while, but it wont last forever. I doubt it would even last more than a year. and that's in the worst case scenario. traffic will come back, and it will prosper once again. then a new design comes out, and the process starts all over again.

#15 Edited by hersito (4 posts) -

My post on nother thread: Well you people at gamespot finally did it! I won't use this website anymore. I was a GAMECENTER (The webpage that gamespot bought and dismanteled) qhich ws the best games webpage for half a decade. After that i had to stick with gamespot even though I never liked the layout. The 2006 (was it 2006?) made thing better but this last change is the drop that filled the glass for me, I'm leaving gamespot for good and in the look for a good games webpage. I wish Gamecenter and their rating system were back and running. Not to mention that this webpage was one to help the fall of the PC gaming and the rise of console gaming with ridiculous reviews to games in consoles that wouldn't even get a 4 on a pc (ehem Halo, bioshock, etc). So basically good bye...

#16 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

maybe PC gaming wasn't as good back then. when powerful consoles hit shelves, the PC took a back seat. seems like its coming around again though.

#17 Posted by urayandro (7 posts) -

@leon2365: wahahaha... do you think PC gaming need to took back seat? are you being ridiculous? how powerful do you think Xbox One or PS4 compared to this day PC? say the value, i'm confidence enough to say my half priced PC than those console is worthy to play these days HD games, and i bought years ago when those similar spec of console is being just designed.

so i say PC game won't die because of those console.

how pleased are you playing MMORPG on PC compared on console? with chat feature, only on full sized hardware PC keyboard i believe it'll reach it's fullest pleasure playing MMORPG game. i mean, how do you play an RPG game complexity on gamepad only? do you think it pleasing to manage RPG game inventory using a gamepad? say i'm too old but i choose a mouse... and using a PC.

and, say i'm too old for playing game on PC, but you guys console only gamer won't know how it feels to build our game machine. we need to upgrade our PC hardware when our PC hardware is old enough to play the game. and because it's upgrading capability our gaming PC will last... say how old are your PS3 before you whining about PS4? i had my AMD quad-core processor powered PC several years for playing games, i mean these day game with all those graphic effect you can mention on console.

and i agree to @hersito and @andruxandd ... if it's true gamespot want us old(PC) gamer to leave then i myself will leave this new ridiculous gamespot site.

#18 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@urayandro said:

@leon2365: wahahaha... do you think PC gaming need to took back seat? are you being ridiculous? how powerful do you think Xbox One or PS4 compared to this day PC? say the value, i'm confidence enough to say my half priced PC than those console is worthy to play these days HD games, and i bought years ago when those similar spec of console is being just designed.

so i say PC game won't die because of those console.

how pleased are you playing MMORPG on PC compared on console? with chat feature, only on full sized hardware PC keyboard i believe it'll reach it's fullest pleasure playing MMORPG game. i mean, how do you play an RPG game complexity on gamepad only? do you think it pleasing to manage RPG game inventory using a gamepad? say i'm too old but i choose a mouse... and using a PC.

and, say i'm too old for playing game on PC, but you guys console only gamer won't know how it feels to build our game machine. we need to upgrade our PC hardware when our PC hardware is old enough to play the game. and because it's upgrading capability our gaming PC will last... say how old are your PS3 before you whining about PS4? i had my AMD quad-core processor powered PC several years for playing games, i mean these day game with all those graphic effect you can mention on console.

and i agree to @hersito and @andruxandd ... if it's true gamespot want us old(PC) gamer to leave then i myself will leave this new ridiculous gamespot site.

but I didn't say that it was taking a back seat to this gen of consoles. I said it is starting to come around again. hell, I bought a gaming laptop for PC gaming. as for building a rig, I build desktops for a living. maybe not gaming rigs, but if anything is wrong with your Pc that is hardware related, I can fix it. I said that PC took a back seat to the previous gen. 360 and PS3 grabbed a lot of the gaming spotlight when they first released. but now PC is starting to shine again. as for gaming, I personally prefer a gamepad. there are only certain games im willing to play with a mouse and keyboard.

#19 Edited by Justinps2hero (2164 posts) -

Another eight years a member quitting over here as well. Just don't understand the changes, unless it was done to jettison a lot of forum users. Hopefully a few of the old school shall meet again somewhere else.

#20 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

plenty have just moved to other sites, or made their own forums. just send them a PM and ask where they are going. if they still even come here.