This site really went to shit

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by HipHopBeats (2811 posts) -

Slow browsing, can't reply to more than one thread per day, script errors, you name it, even with the latest flash, java updates this new layout is astoundingly horrific. At least make article / video updates and let users know what's being done to rectify the problem.

#2 Posted by leon2365 (13045 posts) -

wow. that is a LOT of problems you are experiencing. maybe its a browser issue? or some weird plug-in?

#3 Posted by beutlich99 (1094 posts) -

Slow browsing yes. I haven't had the other issues. FIX THE STACKS!

#4 Posted by GeminiEntity (1161 posts) -

Agreed.

And now topics about going back to the old site are being locked as that is a definite no. To make matters worse, all we get is that the site will get better this year. A whole year for a time frame on when things will get better is just flat out sad.

#5 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3333 posts) -

@GeminiEntity said:

Agreed.

And now topics about going back to the old site are being locked as that is a definite no. To make matters worse, all we get is that the site will get better this year. A whole year for a time frame on when things will get better is just flat out sad.

I locked the Petition Thread about going back to the old site because they are of no use in here. Keep it coming with the bug reports though as they are being worked on.

I didn't say it will take a year, I said over the next year the site will improve I'm sure exponentially.

Keep the bug reports specific and be nice and polite, it makes the world go round :).

#6 Edited by GeminiEntity (1161 posts) -

@GeminiEntity said:

Agreed.

I locked the Petition Thread about going back to the old site are because they are of no use in here. Keep it coming with the bug reports though as they are being worked on.

I didn't say it will take a year, I said over the next year the site will improve I'm sure exponentially.

Keep the bug reports specific and be nice and polite, it makes the world go round :).

Technically that should fall under this forum, as it's bug reporting and feedback. Also, I wasn't referring only to that topic, there was another topic that was locked and the reason given was because the old site is not coming back no matter what.

I didn't say anyone said it would take an actual year. I said you guys are giving yourself that as a time frame, which you are by saying things will get better within the year. That means it can take anywhere from now till then, that is one heck of a wide margin for error. You guys should be able to provide better estimates than that.

Agreed, though being assertive and to the point is also necessary at times.

#7 Posted by arcangelgold (96 posts) -

I have to agree. I haven't been back in a while and I found the improvements to be, dis-improvements. The first issue is the giant backdrops. They are eating away RAM. It makes every page load slowly. I also think the profile menus, if I can even call it that, are clumsy and confusing. I click trophies and it shows NO trophies and instead shows an emblem and my list of games? Trying to figure out the new review system was daunting as well. I think it needs more work.

#8 Posted by ignautius (176 posts) -

@GeminiEntity: I'm amazed you're even hearing replies from staff that the site "will get better". I tried to get an update on stacks and heard NOTHING. Maybe GS staff has just given up?

#9 Edited by leon2365 (13045 posts) -

if it really was a staff member that said that, then it is amazing to get a reply. though most of the time, its just mods that reply. not really staff.

#10 Posted by b74kd3th (14 posts) -

@HipHopBeats: this game site is the slowest of them all and eats ram for no reason

#11 Posted by GeminiEntity (1161 posts) -

@GeminiEntity: I'm amazed you're even hearing replies from staff that the site "will get better". I tried to get an update on stacks and heard NOTHING. Maybe GS staff has just given up?

It was just a moderator in a topic very much like this one.

#12 Posted by IISireII (6 posts) -

I have not been on Gamespot for some years now, but as of my return to Gamespot I see that it has changed a lot. It might just be me, so if it is then I am on the wrong page, but I doubt it. I remember I use to stream the game categories easier, but now I cannot get a direct location of what I want to view. It used to be like this: what system, genre, & then in alphabetical order. Now I have to stream through games on what I am given, or browse through thousands of pages.

#13 Posted by leon2365 (13045 posts) -
@iisireii said:

I have not been on Gamespot for some years now, but as of my return to Gamespot I see that it has changed a lot. It might just be me, so if it is then I am on the wrong page, but I doubt it. I remember I use to stream the game categories easier, but now I cannot get a direct location of what I want to view. It used to be like this: what system, genre, & then in alphabetical order. Now I have to stream through games on what I am given, or browse through thousands of pages.

you are most definitely not alone there. the new search functionality is nowhere near what it used to be. but they are supposedly trying to fix it. so maybe some day, it will be restored to its former glory. but it wont be any time soon.

#14 Posted by zeeliejm (5 posts) -

And what happened to game categories, and similar games while browsing a particular game?

#15 Posted by leon2365 (13045 posts) -

gone. hopefully will return one day.