This new website is horrible| Bring back the old one!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fcastrogmspt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 fcastrogmspt
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

The new Gamespot is hooooorrrrible!!!! I used Gamespot to decide on what games to purchase. I relied on the ratings and reviews to do it, using the All-time Top-games List. I would check games, from top-rated down, to determine my next game purchase. Now I cannot do that. This new website doesn't provide anything of value. I cannot believe that a website designer can pack a webpage with so much information that is totally worthless! If I ran Gamespot I would dump this awful website immediately and go back to the old one, without any hesitation at all. Don't think about it, don't call in meetings to discuss it. Just dump it, take your loss, and go back to the old website that worked just fine for us serious gamers. Pay attention to what I'm saying: A lot of gamers, like me, use Gamespot to decide our purchases. That IS your business. You are about to lose it if you don't take quick action.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@fcastrogmspt said:

The new Gamespot is hooooorrrrible!!!! I used Gamespot to decide on what games to purchase. I relied on the ratings and reviews to do it, using the All-time Top-games List. I would check games, from top-rated down, to determine my next game purchase. Now I cannot do that. This new website doesn't provide anything of value. I cannot believe that a website designer can pack a webpage with so much information that is totally worthless! If I ran Gamespot I would dump this awful website immediately and go back to the old one, without any hesitation at all. Don't think about it, don't call in meetings to discuss it. Just dump it, take your loss, and go back to the old website that worked just fine for us serious gamers. Pay attention to what I'm saying: A lot of gamers, like me, use Gamespot to decide our purchases. That IS your business. You are about to lose it if you don't take quick action.

Why can you not do any of these things? I can. Lots of other people can and do.

Maybe you're not looking here?

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

the new site is fine. some things may be a little more hidden than before, but they are still there. no sense in rolling back now. a lot of work has gone into this new layout.

andruxandd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4  Edited By andruxandd
Member since 2005 • 145 Posts

@leon2365: @edgework: The new site is a mess...a filth...I am glad there are many who believe that.

If all moderators of this site think the new site is fine...do a site survey, A BIG POLL to see what they want all users GS ... the new or the old ... but you don't have courage because over 90% wants old site back!

Only you see the new site is fine...you don't care.

Otherwise just go for forum here and already subscribed to another gaming website...GS is a ghost...

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 leon2365

@andruxandd: well sorry to tell you this, but I am not a moderator. anyway, most probably would vote to bring back the old site. but what a lot of people don't seem to remember is that the old site was outdated and had a lot of bugs in it as well. the layout is the only reason people want it back. this layout can be improved upon. though it will take time. it wont happen right away.

Delloda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Delloda
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

i agree.. I used the all time games search for each specific console. Then sort by rating... Just alphabetical sorting order with no Letter jump points is useless. Bring back the old search functions to the new site and i will be happy.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@leon2365 said:

@andruxandd: well sorry to tell you this, but I am not a moderator. anyway, most probably would vote to bring back the old site. but what a lot of people don't seem to remember is that the old site was outdated and had a lot of bugs in it as well. the layout is the only reason people want it back. this layout can be improved upon. though it will take time. it wont happen right away.

No, we want the functionality of the old site back. Can we get used to the new format? Sure, but the lack of functionality is what is more damaging and is what people are complaining about the most.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 leon2365

those features can be implemented into this layout. we just need to wait. it will take time.

andruxandd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By andruxandd

@edgework: Maybe you're not looking here? > New Games> on Filter Games choose only Platforms> PC and Beggining Date today > Apply filters...and wtf??? A lot of stupid games ALL with First Release on Dec 31 !??!!??? And if i go to the last page new games are not only PC are PS2, WII,PS3 althought i search only PC! There are 1992 results with 83 pages stretchedover a periodthat beginsDecember 31 on first pageand endsonNovember 29!!! Jesus! No option to go on a desired page...44 for ex...or how to find a game that I know appears on 1dec??? Is a mess this filters with billion platforms that i think don't have a purpose! The old releases was AMAZING! Just implement the same form,order,period like was and this is it! I want week releases with exactly new games appears and TAKE THE EX FOR GAMETRAILERS if you are not able! Go there and see new releases page! I'm sorry for this anti advertisement but i don't seen any site so dizzy after redesign! And i seen many sites restored, redesigned or changed radically but the data were correct after a few days, everything was almost perfect, small mistakes only...but here, Jesus, maybe you are beginner or kids for 10 years otherwise I can not explain, what is wrong with you???

aliyagunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 aliyagunter
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

There's always like that when something become better, someone don't like NEW THINGs, someone doo :)

so i like it, but the old was good enough aswell :))

andruxandd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 andruxandd

@aliyagunter: NEW THINGs are great when are made good and with brain...try NEW RELEASES and see if "that new thing" is ok :)

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 leon2365

its being worked on. will be fixed eventually, and most likely before other important features that also need to be implemented.