The site is too slow. Fix it please.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by thegamer00 (131 posts) -

So slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!

#2 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

it seems fine to me. loads up fast.

#3 Edited by GeminiEntity (1175 posts) -

Yea, the site is slow just like their fixes.

#4 Edited by harry_james_pot (10663 posts) -

The site loads fine for me, not slow at all. What browser are you using? and is it up to date?

#5 Posted by GeminiEntity (1175 posts) -

The site loads fine for me, not slow at all. What browser are you using? and is it up to date?

Chrome and Firefox both up to date, doesn't matter. Alexa ranks that 90% of sites are faster, GS obviously has some sort of problem...

#6 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

has gamespot certified these statistics? if they haven't, then I don't think that data would be very accurate.

#7 Posted by GeminiEntity (1175 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

has gamespot certified these statistics? if they haven't, then I don't think that data would be very accurate.

Lol no, and they don't have to for a site that specializes in tracking other sites to give at least an educated estimate. The fact that GS took such a big hit and is showing negative numbers in more ways than one right around the time they rolled out the new site is no coincidence. Likewise other gaming sites like IGN have gone up around the same time, you do the math...

#8 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

@GeminiEntity:

other sites similar to alexa say otherwise. some even say that it is doing ok. not as good as it used to be of course, but still above IGN and the like. so I don't know which would be true. especially if gamespot hasn't verified any of the info themselves.

#9 Posted by GeminiEntity (1175 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

@GeminiEntity:

other sites similar to alexa say otherwise. some even say that it is doing ok. not as good as it used to be of course, but still above IGN and the like. so I don't know which would be true. especially if gamespot hasn't verified any of the info themselves.

Care to give some names?

And at this point, I'll believe Alexa considering the hate for GS from most people and the time when the stats took the hit.

#10 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

quantcast shows that it is doing average, compete says its doing better than ign. though since most likely, those are not verified by gamespot either, I don't know how accurate they can be either.

#11 Edited by GeminiEntity (1175 posts) -

@leon2365 said:

quantcast shows that it is doing average, compete says its doing better than ign. though since most likely, those are not verified by gamespot either, I don't know how accurate they can be either.

Both sites you listed only show US data, lack features like speed of the site, and are not updated until the month is over, so those sites are already lacking compared to Alexa. Compete shows that it is doing ok with Feb unknown, Quantcast shows a hit just like Alexa with Feb unknown. Both sites show IGN having an increase just like I stated, never said IGN was beating GS.

So 2 - 1 with GS taking a hit, and Alexa having the most info along with it being up to date. Speaks loud and clear.

#12 Posted by fatee (298 posts) -

Getting off topic here guys.