The New Gamespot Homepage... and why I'm gone for now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

doubleBU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By doubleBU
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

There are some who seem to dislike the new Gamespot homepage but those complaints i read seem mostly of cosmetic or structural nature. Personally i can adapt to new design choices and don't care about those changes.

However, I have a more serious issue (to the point where after years and years i actually consider not visiting Gamespot any more): compared to the old GS page this new homepage is almost the only one that makes my computer stutter and cough and jiggle and twist and process like hell, almost to the point of freezing it completely (don't even ask how long it took me to get into this section). Maybe due to its new complexity or due to whatever's going on in the background, i don't know, i don't care, it simply does not work as smoothly as before.

Maybe for a lot of you guys it probably still runs perfectly fine and maybe i have to blame myself for not having a super computer build-up for internet surfing BUT WHY SHOULD I. it works perfectly fine for basically every other page on the net.

so enough of my whining, consequently there's only one choice for me unfortunately: Bye bye Gamespot, i've been loyal for years and maybe i'll check back from month to month, year to year just to check if those framerate issues still bother my PC but until then... *erase bookmark*, aaaaaaand done (omg, i really did).

c u, maybe...

OmitName

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 OmitName
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/031/9/7/97492d3540cf172a0746d08010b0cd4a-d4o87s0.gif

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3  Edited By HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

@OmitName: Lol! That's jokes.

@doubleBU: Whether the reason is cosmetic or technical, I think we can all agree the new layout sucks and is deterring many long time users such as myself from frequentl visits.

andruxandd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#4  Edited By andruxandd
Member since 2005 • 145 Posts

@HipHopBeats: no way...i will leave from gamespot to a site who respects users...

twztid13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 twztid13
Member since 2009 • 2012 Posts
@HipHopBeats said:

@OmitName: Lol! That's jokes.

@doubleBU: Whether the reason is cosmetic or technical, I think we can all agree the new layout sucks and is deterring many long time users such as myself from frequentl visits.

Agreed. I still can't change my avatar, upload images, etc, etc, etc.