The new design on gamespot.....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

slitendude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By slitendude
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I just wanna tell you that the new design and layout on your site has become very uncomfortable.

The layout you guys had Before had better functionality and it showed more information per page. The only reason you guys must have had for changeing it to this must have been that user complained that the site was slow. but that has do with thier internet.. plzz let me send you guys a idea and a layout for a really good homepage? :) So your site gets to be easy to use and still shows all the information you need to see? :)

i have no problem with English but if you guys wanna respond in Swedish... i have no problem with that :)

/// Fredrik Forsberg Sweden :) user YteC slitendude

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

my problem is i can't find easily where to see replies to my posts. Very easy to find in old style but hard to find now

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

@kungfool69 said:

my problem is i can't find easily where to see replies to my posts. Very easy to find in old style but hard to find now

If you roll your cursor over the message you're replying to you can click the reply/quote buttons.

tsunami2311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 tsunami2311
Member since 2003 • 1798 Posts

@slitendude: my problem with this new layout is it is isnanely slow compared to old layout loading. Old layout/design was superfast loading, this is 30sec -1minute wait just to load the homepage, And the loading times changed with the page layout/design.

I stopped going to IGN cause there page loaded crazy slow compared to gamespots page, But this new layout/design now loads slow then even ign. If this isnt fixed I will stop coming to gamespot

CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts

Technically this site has more information on each page though some of it is collapsed...

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

@The-Apostle said:

@kungfool69 said:

If you roll your cursor over the message you're replying to you can click the reply/quote buttons.

that is completely off the mark. I am talking about how i used to log in, click post history and see which posts have been replied to by other users.

hotcheese0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hotcheese0
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I used GameSpot to track my video game collection for years, all that was gone and they didn't bother to notify me? This new site's layout is very user unfriendly and slow. I was able to browse the entire site without trouble on my iPad but this new site ruined it. How can you do this to your loyal fan base. I am removing this site from favorite and will never return. IGN and 1UP know their users much better than this.

Djalaal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Djalaal
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Does anyone now how I can see a list of the top (PC) games with the ability to filter according to genre (like before the change)?

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

well every page of this site loads instantly for me. never takes longer than 1 second to load.