This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Bamul (2959 posts) -

The "Following" number on our new profiles here on GameSpot... why does it link us to the number of everything that we're following? It seems really misleading and strange next to the number of "followers" a user has. Why can't that section of our profiles show only the people who we are following? The games we're following could be moved into a stack. Doesn't that make more sense? GameSpotters, please show your support if you agree.

#2 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4089 posts) -

The site currently doesn't distinguish from followed *users* and followed *games*. This may have been done to bring the user to an overall list where tabs can easily be selected to segregate specific content.

#3 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1295 posts) -

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

The site currently doesn't distinguish from followed *users* and followed *games*. This may have been done to bring the user to an overall list where tabs can easily be selected to segregate specific content.

Actually it does... ish...

Filter the contents of your "Following List" by either Users or Objects (games).

Really wish they had had the foresight to include some kind of sorting functionality though. :/

#4 Posted by Bamul (2959 posts) -

I know that we can filter it, but the overall number that appears on our profiles = number of games followed + number of people followed. Using that value next to the number of users who are following us makes no sense... it's also misleading; the number (on my profile) of everything that I am following is 219, yet only 72 of these are people. This next to the number of people who are following me leads to people thinking that I am following 219 others, when I'm not. It just annoys me every time I see it and seems really counterintuitive. I brought it up here because it looks like a very simple thing to change, but I may be wrong.