Thank you for dumping GameFAQs!!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

This is awesome. No more shared boards, meaning I can finally post on gaming boards without getting modded. :D

Thanks guys!

#2 Posted by dab198 (3893 posts) -

*waits for you to post something that needs moderating*

At least you'll be able to get proper clarification on those though ;)

#3 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

*waits for you to post something that needs moderating*

At least you'll be able to get proper clarification on those though ;)

dab198
Got that right. The thing that made me quit using the gaming boards was getting modded for illegal activities when I was legally playing a beta. I was nearly suspended for that.
#4 Posted by TazmanianD (1416 posts) -

I'm not sure I feel happy about this although it looks like we'll still have some access to GF boards. I vastly prefer GS as a website as a whole and the forum functionality at GF really sucks and is so out-of-date. But I found that most of the community who participates in the boards were users from GF and I would be sad to see them go.

#5 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

I'm not sure I feel happy about this although it looks like we'll still have some access to GF boards. I vastly prefer GS as a website as a whole and the forum functionality at GF really sucks and is so out-of-date. But I found that most of the community who participates in the boards were users from GF and I would be sad to see them go.

TazmanianD
Yeah, but it's better than getting cut off (banned) from half the site and not knowing what happened. :D
#6 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

This is awesome. No more shared boards, meaning I can finally post on gaming boards without getting modded. :D

Thanks guys!

The-Apostle

That's false. You can still be moderated unless I missed a memo?

#7 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

Thanks guys!

Dracula68

That's false. You can still be moderated.

I know I can. But GameFAQs mods won't be able to mod us for no reason (see my last post) other than using GS to post, which I think they do. They've even admitted it on Hellhole. And when we do get modded, we'll be dealing with GS mods like we should. GS mods are generally more intelligent than GF mods. :D

EDIT: Also, I've been modded a hell of a lot more on GF than GS. Which is why I left GF for here. You should see some of the excuses they've come up with.

#8 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
Dude, c'mon I know you are excited but you don't have to troll Mods of another site. They have a volunteer job to do just like the GS Mods here.
#9 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -
Dude, c'mon I know you are excited but you don't have to troll Mods of another site. They have a volunteer job to do just like the GS Mods here.Dracula68
I did say they admitted it, didn't I? I can try to find the topic if you'd like. No promises. >_>
#10 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
[QUOTE="Dracula68"]Dude, c'mon I know you are excited but you don't have to troll Mods of another site. They have a volunteer job to do just like the GS Mods here.The-Apostle
I did say they admitted it, didn't I? I can try to find the topic if you'd like. No promises. >_>

Wait...they admitted they moderated you for NO reason?
#11 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="Dracula68"]Dude, c'mon I know you are excited but you don't have to troll Mods of another site. They have a volunteer job to do just like the GS Mods here.Dracula68

Wait...they admitted they moderated you for NO reason?

No, they admitted that they moderate GS users for no reason other than being GS users. As I said in one topic on Hellhole, "that explains some of my moderations."

EDIT: They don't do it all the time, though. Or at least I've had a few posts get through the mod radar. >_>

#12 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -
Got a link to said topic?
#13 Posted by TazmanianD (1416 posts) -

I don't understand this obession with not getting moderated. Why don't you just not say things that might get you moderated? I've been a member for 10 years and got moderated once (and for something I didn't realize was prohibited).

#14 Posted by Duckstopia (45 posts) -
I like the mods there, they have a good sense of humour.
#15 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

Dracula68

Here you go.

Read the second, fourth and fifth posts. The poster who initially accuses the GF mods of doing it isn't a mod. However, Burgess, who is a GF mod, copies and pastes the fourth and second posts, which IMO is basically admitting it.

#16 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

I'll be honest, I'm not exactly thrilled with this change. Most of the time it seemed that the vast majority of users on game-specifc boards were from GameFAQs, not Gamespot. Seems like this will just lead to splitting up the community on game boards more then it already is.

#17 Posted by Dracula68 (33102 posts) -

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

The-Apostle

Here you go.

Read the second, fourth and fifth posts. The poster who initially accuses the GF mods of doing it isn't a mod. However, Burgess, who is a GF mod, copies and pastes the fourth and second posts, which IMO is basically admitting it.

Ah he could be just ****ing around. He basically just quoted two people and didn't add anything himself. I thought it was gonna be more definitive than that.
#18 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

[QUOTE="Dracula68"]

Dracula68

Here you go.

Ah he could be just ****ing around. He basically just quoted two people and didn't add anything himself. I thought it was gonna be more definitive than that.

Meh... He didn't exactly deny it, did he? :P

EDIT: Also, copy/pasting without adding anything is the GF version of "This" or "+1", although they also use "This" when in agreement.

#19 Posted by fabz_95 (15424 posts) -
It was a very good decision in my opinion.
#20 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

Yeah, we've been excited just as much as GameFAQs staff.

Have you all seen the rebound party challenge we have for a chance at a $50 Best Buy Gift card? ;)

#21 Posted by LarkAnderson (1698 posts) -

Thanks for the support all--this has been a long time coming. We are also going to be making further tweaks to the way our forums work, so keep an eye out for them and let us know what you think!

In this time of transition, the best thing we can all do is to contribute in the new boards to jumpstart them. Once they get going, we're fully confident that our community will grow and be better then ever. Help prove us right!

#22 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

Thanks for the support all--this has been a long time coming. We are also going to be making further tweaks to the way our forums work, so keep an eye out for them and let us know what you think!

In this time of transition, the best thing we can all do is to contribute in the new boards to jumpstart them. Once they get going, we're fully confident that our community will grow and be better then ever. Help prove us right!

LarkAnderson
Can you offer tips on getting a newer board going? Because there's one I know of that is dead and I'd like to socialize in it.
#23 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -
[QUOTE="LarkAnderson"]

The-Apostle
Can you offer tips on getting a newer board going? Because there's one I know of that is dead and I'd like to socialize in it.

Well, if you have some neat youtube videos or some tips, that can help. Maybe you have a question about the community as a whole or a link to share from the official website? Let us know how we can help!
#24 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

Can you add this board to the list of genre boards? That could help. :)

#25 Posted by Shadowchronicle (25977 posts) -
I will say that you guys might want to put the shareboards in a board so for example the title of the board would be "shared boards" and inside you find all the sharedboards. Just an idea because it is annoying with all that scrolling all in one page, I could live with it though.
#26 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

The-Apostle
okey! Done.
#27 Posted by BygByron3 (5571 posts) -
Thank you for not merging forums with inferior sites. Good luck refining genres. Hahahaha.
#28 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -
[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

JodyR
okey! Done.

Thanks. It's still dead though. Maybe it would be best if we didn't have genre boards. I mean, GameFAQs is inferior and I think it's great we're finally ditching them and all, but I'm fine with just posting on the regular gaming boards after the split becomes official. Genre boards are pointless and they confuse users out of posting on the gaming boards.
#29 Posted by Horgen (110021 posts) -
Genre boards should get more activity though. With game boards we will over time end up with thousands of dead boards.
#30 Posted by TazmanianD (1416 posts) -

You know, I'm kind of confused. I can still access all the GF boards from here and I can still post to them so I'm not really sure what changed.

#31 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

You know, I'm kind of confused. I can still access all the GF boards from here and I can still post to them so I'm not really sure what changed.

TazmanianD

Perhaps this might help.

#32 Posted by TazmanianD (1416 posts) -

No, not really. I read that as well. It seems like maybe this is less of a big deal than it sounds. It looks like GS just added their own boards but left all the GF functionality in place.

#33 Posted by The-Apostle (12144 posts) -

No, not really. I read that as well. It seems like maybe this is less of a big deal than it sounds. It looks like GS just added their own boards but left all the GF functionality in place.

TazmanianD
I think eventually GF functionality will go away. Or at least, that's what I'm hoping. I used GF for over 10 years before jumping ship to GS. GS is much better.