text and background both black... can't read

This topic is locked from further discussion.

brokenapples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 brokenapples
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

Went to read the review on Wolfenstein game and background and text were both black (text was maybe an off black). Made it impossible to read. This is on Internet Explorer 9.

I have to admit that your website is worse than it was before the 'update'. Everything loads slow due to all the advertisement tracking you are trying to run on my PC and it is nearly impossible to read any reviews, and the content is all over the web page, with no logical grouping.

I used to go to gamespot.com once every day... but since your website change, you've lost me as a daily viewer and instead I now go to your competitors' websites.

I care about gamespot.com, and that is why I am posting this.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

The text on that page should be white when using the dark theme (it is on chrome, firefox and IE11) - this appears to be an IE9 specific bug at a glance, unless you're running something else that may be causing this - unfortunately I don't have IE9 installed on any machines to check this at the moment, hopefully someone else can confirm.

I'd recommend using chrome or firefox for the time being, as I find IE11 runs the site very slowly much like you mention with IE9; firefox and chrome however appear to run fairly smoothly for me, though that may be partially down to my specific settings.

brokenapples

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By brokenapples
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

@robotopbuddy: Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I can confirm that Chrome is definitely a little more smoother than IE. Not sure why this is? I'll start using Chrome for my gamespot browsing from now on.

Thanks again!