'Stacks' in the new Gamespot are too buggy

• 132 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rynn21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 15

#101  Edited By rynn21
Member since 2005 • 2890 Posts

I switched to Raptr cause of this mess.

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By Bgrngod
Member since 2002 • 5766 Posts

@nilzg said:

these stupid stacks aren't even correct in the number of games of have.. well kind of.. on the overview page it says 605 - 110 and in the stacks themselves it says 610 (got) - 115 (want) (which is as it should be) and I can't even move games from my wish list to my collection...

GG gamespot ;)

This is actually by design. The overview page that shows all your stacks has images for 5 games in each stack and then a number that shows how many other games are in that stack. Essentially it shows "You own these 5 + 1499 other games" (this is what I see for my wish list stack).

I can't even imagine what the conversation must have been like for people to agree this was the way to go. Subtle, yet stupid, design decisions like this are what seem to be peppered all over the site instead of actually functional utility.

But hey, it looks kinda pretty.. doesn't it?

anarayan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

User Lists: 8

#103 anarayan
Member since 2004 • 351 Posts

@Bgrngod said:

@nilzg said:

these stupid stacks aren't even correct in the number of games of have.. well kind of.. on the overview page it says 605 - 110 and in the stacks themselves it says 610 (got) - 115 (want) (which is as it should be) and I can't even move games from my wish list to my collection...

GG gamespot ;)

This is actually by design. The overview page that shows all your stacks has images for 5 games in each stack and then a number that shows how many other games are in that stack. Essentially it shows "You own these 5 + 1499 other games" (this is what I see for my wish list stack).

I can't even imagine what the conversation must have been like for people to agree this was the way to go. Subtle, yet stupid, design decisions like this are what seem to be peppered all over the site instead of actually functional utility.

@Bgrngod

Holy shit!!! That actually makes sense! I have 100 games (exactly) and my stack was telling me 95. I was thinking I had to go over the my collection to figure out what games GS had actually dropped. That would've been a pain in the butt. Thank you for enlightening me.

Avatar image for WolfgarTheQuiet
WolfgarTheQuiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 6

#104  Edited By WolfgarTheQuiet
Member since 2010 • 483 Posts

@SolidSnake35: still it can be fixed easily, give it some time

Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

I think I broke my stack. :)

I had 134 games spread over two pages. I can't edit anything and save, because the site tells me I have more than 100 games. But if I delete all from page 2 and move to page 1, it won't save. Same if I delete from page 1 and move to page 2.

Voldy26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#106  Edited By Voldy26
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts

Changes made to the stacks aren't saved.

nilzg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107  Edited By nilzg
Member since 2008 • 753 Posts

@anarayan said:

@Bgrngod said:

@nilzg said:

GG gamespot ;)

@Bgrngod

Holy shit!!! That actually makes sense! I have 100 games (exactly) and my stack was telling me 95. I was thinking I had to go over the my collection to figure out what games GS had actually dropped. That would've been a pain in the butt. Thank you for enlightening me.

Oh.. lol.. Thanks stil it's fcked look at my stack page and look at the 'owned' stack.. The text is under the boxarts.. (has been this way ever since I changed that stack to 'unordered')

edit: I just noticed that there aren't 5 boxarts there are only 4 (my wish list has 5 though)

crimes73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#108 crimes73
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

@daxlks: I wholeheartedly join you in your request! Remove that RIDICULOUS limit of 100 games per stack! Better: go back ALL THE WAY to how it was before. AWFUL, AWFUL update! Whoever did this should never touch a keyboard again in his current and (if there are) future lives!

filfili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#109 filfili
Member since 2003 • 1593 Posts

Still can't edit my stacks.... Is there an estimate of when this will be fixed? Also, what happend to the release dates and the version of it. I found that information extremely useful and the biggest reason why I made lists on GS. To figure out the release date, I have to click on the game, which at the moment, takes takes too long to load. If this continues, I'll kiss GS goodbye. Isn't worth the hassle, and plenty of other sites to get info

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Bgrngod

The one good thing I've found about stacks so far is that you can easily and quickly remove games from them.

So if you're rebuilding your wishlist on another site, for example, it's easy to remove them one by one as you add them to whatever other system you are using... *COUGH* GameFAQS *COUGH*.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#111 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@Bgrngod said:

*COUGH* GameFAQS *COUGH*.

I don't think we're quite that desperate yet.

ClaudeLv250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#112 ClaudeLv250
Member since 2004 • 863 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@Bgrngod said:

You should be, since GameFAQs' system actually works.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#113 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@ClaudeLv250 said:

@Starshine_M2A2:

@Starshine_M2A2 said:

@Bgrngod said:

You should be, since GameFAQs' system actually works.

I'd rather smash my testicles between two bricks...

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#114 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I've added this thread to this weeks Bug and Feedback Report.

kellerwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#115 kellerwe
Member since 2002 • 56 Posts

@filfili:

I can't edit my stacks at all - going through all the motions and then clicking on Save gives me the old "Problem occurred while processing submission" error. I have 266 + 5 (from what I have read so far in this thread and my mind still boggles about this enlightened way of counting) games in my Collection stack and about the same on my wish list. This was one of the main reasons for using GS to keep track of my collection. The old system actually worked just fine so if it wasn't broken, why fix it?

Anyway, I am all for change if it's for the better. Not sure in this case though. After being a member of GS since 2002, i.e., almost 12 years, it's a pity that I am going to be forced to look elsewhere for this functionality if GS don't get this problem sorted soon.

LunarEclipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#116 LunarEclipz
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts

@Starshine_M2A2: Gamespot owns Gamefaqs give them time.

KaSeRRoR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 KaSeRRoR
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts

I always get the error while submitting when I go to save my games. I can't add any games because every time I go to search, it says "it is a barren wasteland". It is GameSpot that has become the barren wasteland! More and more people are leaving the site because of the cool features that have either been deleted or just bugged out and don't work. I used to have such a great time on the site and now it is just a HOT MESS! I think I will be searching for a new video game website...

>=)

joewoodbury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#118 joewoodbury
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

In the conversion, it seems some of my games have gone missing as have my ratings. I have so many games that I sometimes forget what I played and my rating. That is all lost now. I also find it hopelessly bizarre that I am unable to sort my game list in any reasonable way.

This is a truly awful change and destroyed something I had taken time to build. I see no point in continuing to use a site which shows such disrespect for its users.

crimes73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 crimes73
Member since 2004 • 64 Posts

It seems like after a month from the last post, nothing has changed.

Time to leave Gamespot.

laurinjo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 laurinjo
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I've been a member since '04 and besides the content, lists was a function I ilked most on this site. It allowed me to follow upcoming games and have a good overview of the stuff I own and I found it really useful being able to organize games by platform, release date, genre etc. Since the stacks system is practically unusable, it's time to move elswhere. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

AQWBlaZer91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 418

#121 AQWBlaZer91
Member since 2010 • 868 Posts

I hate these stacks. They need to sort these stacks immedaitely. I can't have my video game collection over 100, I can't even leave any of the stacks empty and sometimes it gives a message saying invalied order which is very annoying. I hope they change it back to normal so that I can contiune my reviews.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#122  Edited By nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

How is the "games I own" stack still broken?

ignautius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ignautius
Member since 2003 • 179 Posts

@nutcrackr:

Because no one is asking nicely. I got a post deleted earlier today because I didn't bake them cookies while talking about a bug.

It doesn't matter if it's an actual problem that needs addressing or not, what matters is HOW we report things.

Avatar image for thetruesaviorofgaming
TheTrueSaviorofGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#124 TheTrueSaviorofGaming
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I'm experiencing a strange bug with the "Games I Own" Stack where each game that's in the stack gets duplicated multiple times. So I've only added around 130 games to the stack, and it keeps showing me over 400 results with the same games appearing over and over again. It's such a mess...is anyone else experiencing this bug?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e8fedaf0b9d
deactivated-57e8fedaf0b9d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 deactivated-57e8fedaf0b9d
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

@funkyzoom: Is this a different version of gamespot to the horrible one now in existence, or by saying this do I have you ( and other beta testers) to thank for the farce that is now my game collection / wish lists etc.

Bluebomber4evr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Bluebomber4evr
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

After trying to deal with these stacks for months, I have come to the conclusion that they are simply a bad idea. They are still incredibly buggy:

1. many games are missing and cannot be added (for example the new system considers the NES Castlevania and the N64 Castlevania to be the same game, and there isn't even an option for adding the NES Contra).

2. The search function barely works half the time

3.adding new games only works 1 time out of 3

4. the list will seem to have duplicate listings but these are actually other games on the list and only appear as duplicates because the system doesn't refresh the list properly so I ended up deleting nearly 1/3rd of my collection.

5. When the conversion was done at least 1/2 to 2/3rds of my games were listed as foreign versions (most NES games were listed as Japanese, most Dreamcast games as European, and the Atari 2600 Pitfall! was listed under its German name). Some of these are not able to be found under their North American release names

6. Some games are searchable but can't be added (example: Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People)

I could go on, but I'm fed up. I don't see the point of using this system anymore as it is so frustrating and unreliable. I've gone back to using IGN.

Myself-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Myself-1
Member since 2003 • 32 Posts

concur that the new system is full of bugs and illogical; arbitrary pre-labelled stacks that I cannot eliminate if i want and any of the changes i make are NOT saved. The previous system worked beautifully and was easy to negotiate. A return to that would be desirable.

bmxjumperc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By bmxjumperc
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

Yep stacks are broken I've observed the same problem, when I try to save a stack it says "problem occurred while processing submission"

Bgrngod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Bgrngod

I already gave up on stacks months ago and in the process of doing so I found a bug...

I can't remove ALL the games from my stacks. If I try to remove the last game and I hit save I get a friendly message telling me it is empty, and it does not save. Effectively, I can't "clear" my stacks.

So if anyone is wondering why the only game I own is Daikatana, and the only game I want is Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing.... now you know...

Avatar image for BreakingSpecter
BreakingSpecter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#130 BreakingSpecter
Member since 2007 • 14977 Posts

Havent been able to edit any of my stacks for months. New GS sucks. :/

Avatar image for PillsberyDoeMan
PillsberyDoeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#131  Edited By PillsberyDoeMan
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts

WHY hasn't this feature been fixed yet?? All I want to do is chart games on a list, organize them how I want and have the necessary info available on one screen. LIKE THE OLD GAMESPOT DID.

EDIT: and to be clear, i'm referring specifically to the "following" section.

SpikeDaCruz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By SpikeDaCruz
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

While searching for Diablo II: Lord of Destruction they are the same game. The Game is Diablo II and the review is for Lord of Destruction.

Can't Find Warcraft III, only the Frozen Throne.

Going to Raptr.

Cheers

KuroNoHime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 KuroNoHime
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Just came to bid my farewell. :) I've been keeping track of my game collection on this site for years but since that feature has been rendered useless by the update, I see no reason to prolong my stay.

I stuck by GS even when I wasn't able to access my old account and GS support was kind enough to never reply to my request of getting me a new password. :) So I rebuilt my collection with a new account. But I'm not going to do that again.

For months now I haven't been able to update or edit my collection. Also just using this site is a chore. It's sluggish and extremely heavy to use on mobile devices.

I thank fellow users for pointing out Raptr! :) See you there! And GS, it was great while it lasted. Too bad you actually bought the idea that "stacking" was a better system than the old one.

JerWroten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#135 JerWroten
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts

Please add a filter function to stacks. I want to be able to see games I want by system, Xbox, PC, etc.

pnneilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 pnneilson
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I assume the development was outsourced. The concept is ok the execution,. well it kill a lot of people. This is the kill zone!

ignautius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By ignautius

@pnneilson: But didn't like... ONE person at GameSpot actually try it before they just dropped it on us?

"Hey, like half of the entries in my "owned games" stack are in Japanese all of a sudden."

I assume that wasn't the goal, right? I have to assume because I never hear back from anyone at GS about problems with the stacks.

andrebetoche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 andrebetoche
Member since 2005 • 52 Posts

Stacks are broken in IE11 for windows 7.

http://i.imgur.com/3qp2EXs.png

ignautius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ignautius

I wonder if GameSpot will think twice before they start throwing stones at the next game that comes out with a bunch of bugs in it after their own huge embarrassing failure at launching some sort of software.

Wait... no, I'm not wondering. They'll throw the stones anyway, because if they didn't it would acknowledge in some way that there ARE bugs in their system. Which they don't seem able to do.

The_Shadowww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#141 The_Shadowww
Member since 2004 • 26 Posts

@Silacio said:

Agree with all the posts above, have the same problem with the "Choose a valid template" when trying to save changes. This new style is very inefficient and lacking in information concerning game ratings (yours, gamespots, and others), game release date, etc. Old style was a bit dated but efficient and quick. This is slow, buggy, and lacking. Hope they fix this eventually. I would hate to redo my list in IGN. I hate IGN.

could not agrre more