Something really needs to be done about the anti-censor bypass system.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ColonelWilks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ColonelWilks
Member since 2005 • 3149 Posts
I've been coming across this problem alot lately, I'll be typing up a long response to a topic, and when I press "post", my message gets completely truncated by the words "forbiden>". I noticed that it showed up every time I typed "c.l.a.s.s.i.c." (minus the periods), because it detected the word @$$ in the word. This is pretty rediculous. Now, no one can type "A.s.s.a.s.s.i.n.'.s. C.r.e.e.d.", "c.l.a.s.s.", or even "a.s.s.u.m.p.t.i.o.n." (minus the periods), lest they wish their message to be cut off. Can some sort of effort be made to fix this issue?
ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
This rather long thread has tons of users complaining about this, myself too and it's extremely annoying.  It's the words c.l.a.s.s and s.t.y.l.e that are highly problematic, of which are completely harmless, every day type words.  They are supposedly forbidden HTML attributes.  The fix is rather simple.  Instead of filtering by an exact string of characters, spaces should precede the item in question (and in the case of those two everyday words, an equal sign after it, as required by the HTML formatting).  The space required in the case of smilies as from the 8.) as from mentioning the resolution of 1024x768 within parentheses.  It's ultra annoying but the fix is very easy and should take but 5 minutes, if that.  The exception is if the issue has other flaws as well.