So its been a few months...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by konvikt_17 (22237 posts) -

Any news on these features:

1.being able to know if we have read a thread or not. what they have now doesnt work all the time

2. a way to go the first unread post in a thread.

these are two features that im willing to bet, the majority of us want. made browsing the old site nice and easy. not having to remember if we have read a thread or not. normally i guess that wouldnt be a problem, but when it takes 5+ seconds just to load a page, it becomes cumbersome.

you guys advertised a nice clean modern site, and that has yet to be seen.

any update on these features? or have you completely forgotten about them?

#2 Edited by ignautius (179 posts) -

Sorry, wrong board.

You seem to be looking for a board where you talk to GS and they talk back about problems with the site. It's okay, I've made the same mistake.

This is more like a beach, where you put a message in a bottle and set it into the ocean, and maybe someone reads it someday, but the odds are by the time anyone that can help you does, you'll be dead.

#3 Edited by Klunt_Bumskrint (3908 posts) -

They are working on things as we speak, here are two things they fixed in the last few days.

Fixes:

- YouTube embeds. (Yes, you can now embed YT videos onto blogs and forum posts)

- PM bug. You can now add others to PM threads.

New post identifier is in the bug and feedback report 10/28 so they are aware of it.

#4 Posted by leon2365 (13053 posts) -

at least its progress. now the real concern is, were those simple bugs, or are they just focusing on smaller problems instead?

#5 Posted by s_h_a_d_o (1295 posts) -

@ignautius said:

Sorry, wrong board.

You seem to be looking for a board where you talk to GS and they talk back about problems with the site. It's okay, I've made the same mistake.

This is more like a beach, where you put a message in a bottle and set it into the ocean, and maybe someone reads it someday, but the odds are by the time anyone that can help you does, you'll be dead.

*applauds*

Not to diminish the input provided by Moderators, but it would be nice to hear more frequently from those actually involved in the site development.

#6 Posted by zyxe (4675 posts) -

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@ignautius said:

Sorry, wrong board.

*applauds*

Not to diminish the input provided by Moderators, but it would be nice to hear more frequently from those actually involved in the site development.

I agree. I'd love to see this site flourish, but I think that in order to do that users need to know a bit more about what's going on and when things are slated to happen. I also agree with the feedback in the original post about what would be useful. One trick is to click on the orange arrow at the end of the thread title: that will take you to the latest post. I *still* would like an option to sort threads newest first, or, as mentioned, identify which threads are read and which have new-to-me posts.

#7 Posted by Mercaptan (22 posts) -

Verry bad site its a pain to navigate thru its threads , videos and mostly everything , last site was bad but accesible this is horrible i'm a fan of gamespot but this is verry hard to mantain.. it takes to much for basicly everything to load , and its not my browser or internet speed . To bad hope you will employ some capable people to make youre site more accesible and for god sake's more fast