SLOW LOAD TIMES - time for a speed up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rccars411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 rccars411
Member since 2003 • 144 Posts
I pay for highspeed dsl, every other page loads up just fine... the ones that have nothing to do with gamespot.  but when I try to come here and try to find something to read on about, its going to take me a good 5 minutes to get the page to load, and a good hour to find EXACTLY what I needed in the end.  Every time I come here, its like I'm on 14.4kbps dial up, why is the server slower than death?
Gallego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Gallego
Member since 2003 • 19446 Posts
this site has always been fast, except for the times when the admins are adding or fixing something that accidentally or intentionally causes the forums to load slow. The speed depends a lot of where you are located. Also, your firewall may be slowing your connection to read the packets that are coming into your computer.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
I haven't noticed many speed problems until lately either. Gamespot has been working on numerous little things though so that's understandable. I would expect speeds to be back to normal in no time.
_Sam_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 _Sam_
Member since 2003 • 31483 Posts
well the site someones does become very slow, then it goes offline for a few hours :?