Site won't let me turn off email notifications

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse
Member since 2012 • 5074 Posts

So I want to turn off the email notifications for the forums when someone @ me or replied to my post. It never used to send me emails for it and it was all good, but recently I started getting emails for every comment and @. So I tried to turn the email notifications off again, and I can't. I change it from immediately to disabled and hit save, but it always reverts back to immediately. I don't need a ton of emails just due to forum topics, that's ridiculous. How do I fix this?

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse: Hi there, so it looks like your current notification settings are set to receive a daily notification when something you follow has a news, feature, review, or video published.

Just to be clear, could you please share the titles of the emails that are being sent to you so I can better assist you with your issue? Thanks.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Toxic-Seahorse

@DigitalDame said:

@Toxic-Seahorse: Hi there, so it looks like your current notification settings are set to receive a daily notification when something you follow has a news, feature, review, or video published.

Just to be clear, could you please share the titles of the emails that are being sent to you so I can better assist you with your issue? Thanks.

I get emails for whenever someone quotes me or replies to my post. For example, I just got an email that you replied to my thread. I don't want that. I realize that my notifications are set to immediately, that's the problem. The site will not let me change them to disabled. It automatically goes back to immediately after I hit save.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#4 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

@Toxic-Seahorse: is this the same issue as this thread?

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Toxic-Seahorse

@robotopbuddy said:

@Toxic-Seahorse: is this the same issue as this thread?

Yeah, the exact same issue. Sorry I never saw that thread.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#6 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Thanks for reporting, this in a fact a bug that has been reported. I don't have an ETA on when I can expect to see this fixed however. I will consult with the developers during my meeting today some possible band-aid fixes you can implement in the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Toxic-Seahorse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Toxic-Seahorse

@DigitalDame said:

Thanks for reporting, this in a fact a bug that has been reported. I don't have an ETA on when I can expect to see this fixed however. I will consult with the developers during my meeting today some possible band-aid fixes you can implement in the meantime. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It's alright. Not that big of a deal, just thought I'd let you guys know. Thanks for the response.