Site Enhancement: A Way to Notice Threads Posted In

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BranKetra (46537 posts) -

Please make a visual way for users to know what threads we have posted in while viewing a forum. The current method is www.gamespot.com/profile/forums/, but a visual difference between threads posted in and threads not posted in would be more convenient. Like another site enhancement I recommended, I know the usefulness of this idea because of my experience with the old GameSpot.

#2 Posted by BrunoBRS (73253 posts) -

yes please. though i'd say it should be threads you've read and threads you haven't. that way you don't see an old thread as a new one just because you didn't post on it.

#3 Posted by BranKetra (46537 posts) -

@BrunoBRS said:

yes please. though i'd say it should be threads you've read and threads you haven't. that way you don't see an old thread as a new one just because you didn't post on it.

Sure. The old site un-bolded the text of the thread titles and number of posts since a user posted when those posts in the given threads were viewed.

#4 Posted by chicknfeet (15590 posts) -

+1 for this request

#5 Posted by konvikt_17 (21980 posts) -

#6 Posted by harry_james_pot (9525 posts) -

Agreed!

#7 Edited by Blueresident87 (5149 posts) -

I vote for this as well

#8 Posted by RobotOpBuddy (64732 posts) -

Agreed, I end up wasting quite a bit of time rechecking threads with no new posts since I last read them atm, which is somewhat irritating.

#9 Posted by WhiteKnight77 (12014 posts) -

Agreed. As it is now, you can click on a thread title and read the thread. If you post in it, it resets the title so you cannot tell that it has been read. There is no visual indication that you have read or posted in said thread.

#10 Edited by stylyy (118 posts) -

We're looking into getting this back in, i'll try to keep you all updated.

#11 Posted by harry_james_pot (9525 posts) -

@stylyy said:

Awesome! :D

#12 Posted by The-Apostle (11917 posts) -

@stylyy said:

Thanks for working so hard at bringing back some of our much needed features!

#13 Posted by stylyy (118 posts) -

@The-Apostle: Of course, I want nothing but to make this an awesome experience for you all. Just need to ask nicely :)