Signature not showing up all of a sudden

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#1 Lucky_Krystal
Member since 2011 • 1390 Posts

A few hours ago, my sig stopped showing up on my posts. I didn't get any kind of warning that it was removed by the mods. I know its the right size. I know adblock isn't blocking the image because I checked my filters. There's nothing wrong with my imageshack account because all the other pictures I use on that account are showing up fine. Nothing in the signature section in settings has changed, its the same as its always been. Everyone else's signatures seem to be showing up fine for me though.

Any idea what it could be? Is this some kind of bug or glitch?

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#2 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

You don't seem to be using the same direct link for the image as is shown on imageshack. It should work if you update your sig with that current direct link.

Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lucky_Krystal

You don't seem to be using the same direct link for the image as is shown on imageshack. It should work if you update your sig with that current direct link.

dab198

Hmm...Its still not working so I think I might be misunderstanding you. I tried

• Copy and pasting the direct link like you said. It showed up as an actual link. Tried putting the  around it the second time and it didn't work either. It showed up blank like it is now
  • Forum link for embedding with the intact (usually I remove those and the picture show up just fine). Didn't show up
  • Alt forum link doesn't work either
Lucky_Krystal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lucky_Krystal

Ok, I just ended up making a new sig and it seems to show up. Hopefully it'll stay. I don't know what was up with the last image. But thanks for your help anyway. :D

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#5 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
Make sure you use: Also make sure to read this article about how offsite image hosting rules have been changed. Now you can only use the following to upload images offsite: -imgur -Photobucket -Imageshack -Facebook -Google User Content (i.e. Google+, Picasa, etc.) -Steam -Twitter -Tinypic -Flickr -Minus
dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#6 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

I don't know what was up with the last image. But thanks for your help anyway. :D

Lucky_Krystal
Well you see how your current image has "img577" at the start of its URL? The image in your previous sig didn't have something like that - it just started "http://imageshack.us/" followed by the rest of the URL, which I believe was causing the problem. When I looked at your imageshack profile, the direct link to your old signature image had a similar URL format to what you have now. Anyhow, this seems fixed, so I'll close this up.