This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rainhero (22 posts) -
For some reason I am not being allowed to upload my signature. It meets the proper set requirements, and it says it's uploaded yet I see nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, is it possible to have my signature linked to a url?
#2 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -
For some reason I am not being allowed to upload my signature. It meets the proper set requirements, and it says it's uploaded yet I see nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Also, is it possible to have my signature linked to a url?rainhero
It sometimes takes a while to show but I do see a portion of your signature right now. I also see that you have uploaded a sig image so hopefully it'll show in the next hour.
#3 Posted by rainhero (22 posts) -
Yes, the text is the only thing that showed up. I was trying to make the url link with the image, but I can't even get the image to show up. I uploaded that image the day before yesterday I think and it still hasn't shown up. :o
#4 Posted by gmax (6858 posts) -
I suspect that your difficulty stems largely from being Level 2. I have not checked the particulars lately, but at a minimum the explicit html in your signature is probably being removed. The possibilities start to open up a bit more once you have been Level 3 for a day or so. (Or at least that's how it used to be.) You will probably be able to use html in your signature at that point. A few other tips about signatures bear mentioning. Disable the wysiwyg editor while composing a signature, coding html explicitly; alternatively, use the html mode of the wysiwyg editor. To incorporate an image, include an html img tag; this may be necessary even when you uploaded a signature image - just use that image as the src of your img tag. Finally, it may be worth running a contemplated signature by a moderator to make sure it doesn't run afoul of any of the current site policies that apply to signatures. You could very well be Level 3 by the time you read this. If the problem persists, wait one more day, and if it continues after that report that here.

#5 Posted by rainhero (22 posts) -
The only thing I fully understood was that I would probably be level 3, and to check with a mod before uploading a possible signature, lol. Would you mind putting the "How To" in simpler terms for me? I didn't understand what you were saying about how to upload it without issues.
#6 Posted by HybridKing (15867 posts) -
The only thing I fully understood was that I would probably be level 3, and to check with a mod before uploading a possible signature, lol. Would you mind putting the "How To" in simpler terms for me? I didn't understand what you were saying about how to upload it without issues.rainhero
If you haven't done so, upload the image to Photobucket, then go into your account, find the image and click the url with the "[IMG]" tags(It'll say copied when you do), then paste the link into your sig space. But you have to create a PB account first. Hope that helped
#7 Posted by rainhero (22 posts) -
Thanks so much everyone for the help, I realized I still can't link it to my facebook page so I'm gonna leave the text here instead. For some reason it still won't work anyways. ^^
#8 Posted by gmax (6858 posts) -
Now that you are level 4 you should be able to compose a signature that incorporates html, if you want. You may simply need a few pointers on how to code the html you need into your signature, and for that sort of thing we generally direct users to the expertise over in How To GameSpot.