Seriously GameSpot WTF? (I was wrong)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TrevorPhilips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TrevorPhilips
Member since 2013 • 996 Posts

So I remember GameSpot is a thing and decide to check it out again. What's happens? You crash my browser. Chrome on a 2015 Macbook Pro. I try again and my fan quickly engages full speed and "Google Chrome Helper" is taking over 300%... LOL. I kill that process only to find out its gamespot.com that tried to blow up my laptop.

Great job guys.

TrevorPhilips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By TrevorPhilips

Oh this is awful. After I posted the above, an ad appears pointing to a website that wants to install a malicious Chrome Extension.

What a clusterfuck. CYA

angerawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -1

#3 angerawr
Member since 2016 • 220 Posts

@trevorphilips: That should definitely not happen. If you happen to remember the ad or redirect that would be extremely helpful for us to shut that down. So sorry about that and hope it's not still happening to you

TrevorPhilips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrevorPhilips

@angerawr: OK sorry... I was in a bad mood and too many beers in when I wrote the above. I'm pretty sure now that the crash was a chrome extension and not GameSpot. I've seen it with other sites and when I uninstalled the extension the crashing stopped.

The ad that tried to install a malicious extension was something like "Play GTA V online free".

angerawr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: -1

#5 angerawr
Member since 2016 • 220 Posts

@trevorphilips: no worries! we really appreciate all of the reports, it helps us remove these things from getting onto the site :)