This topic is locked from further discussion.

ete-san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 ete-san
Member since 2004 • 39 Posts

Probably a lot of people already posted this, but since the search engine or at least the results are not very easy to sort, every time I search for a game an error message pops up mentioning monkeys and their shannanigans. Irritating!

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I will add this to my feedback report. Thanks!

Camoth2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Camoth2
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts

These are the issues with the search function I'm having:

- I have to spell the name of the game EXACTLY right in order to find it, and even then it's sometimes impossible. For example, try these: "Asassins Creed" (missing one S), "The Walking Dead Season 2" (will give you ONLY http://www.gamespot.com/walking-dead-the-game-season-2/ , while I'm actually looking for http://www.gamespot.com/the-walking-dead-season-two/ , which I can only find by typing "The Walking Dead: Season 2" and pressing enter to get the whole results page.

- Results I get aren't the games that are most recently released or most popular, for example: "Batman" will give me games I've never even heard off (Quiz Trivia??? The Movie???) and not Arkham Asylum or Arkham City etc.

Please fix this. It is really getting on my nerves big time.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

maybe some of this issues happen because of a lack of tags? maybe tags were deleted in the update. either way, they are supposedly working on it. when the fix might roll out is anyone's guess though.

nikosleaders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By nikosleaders
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Searching games it is a pain in the $$$$$ in the old version of the searching machine if you where searching for a new game that have a specific genre

you where just choosing the genre of the game and you had a list of all the games it was this genre. For that i loved gamespot cause searching for new games to buy it was piece of cake. Now with this system all of this has stopped. I Address that as a issue, just bring back the previous search engine was awesome (at least only the mechanism and keep the same view )