Rob Schneider\Pauly Shore\Gamespot Front-page

This topic is locked from further discussion.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58824 Posts

My friends, as a fan and hobbyist of gaming, I'm sure most of you would not like to see any genre become non-existent; even if you have no personal interest in the genre. Over the last few years, the flight simulator genre has seen something of a resurgence. Primarily due thanks in part to the "digital combat" series which has been consistently releasing content.

Likewise , Rise Of Flight and arguably one of the best known brand names "il Sturmovik" continues with the most recent title "Battle of Stalingrad". Yet the gaming media has largely ignored this.

Of the many expansion packs released for Digital Combat Simulator not a single one has been reviewed. Likewise, although Kevin Vanord reviewed "Il Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover" the recent release of "Il Sturmovik: Stalingrad" has largely been ignored.

I'm sure staff probably do have a genuine love of the craft of gaming. But when literally zero articles exist for the latest and one of the most well known flight sim series to me that raises an eye-brow.

Looking at the website for the past year or so, it appears resources aren't being put not into diverse content but repetitive frivolous content that seems to primarily serve the purpose to advertize current popular titles. That literally, are shoved on the page as eye catching click-bait with nothing of value to say.

I understand certain games are more popular and that a disparity will always exist. But this has kinda pushed well beyond that. Gamespot was never this bad. If I was to hazard a guess, it would be some suit in the higher up department has basically forced gamespot to lobotomize itself - aspiring to lower the bar as far as humanly possible to compete with IGN and the rise of "new media".

As a casual fan of the genre, someone who is not even hardcore, I'd appreciate meaningful coverage since it's actually hard to get it now outside of pc centric websites. Gamespot actually has quite a few good sim reviews.

Even the Cliffs Of Dover (which was a great review), since that time: users have patched and updated the hell out of it; it's quite impressive just how much they turned the game around. An update article on that would be genuinely interesting and informative. But instead you are just outputting shit, basically.