Release list full of "bugs"

#1 Posted by verstraten (8 posts) -

I've been using the gamspot game release list for over 10 years. However, since all the changes the list is full with faulty data. Games on the list for tomorrow, which have been released 10 years ago etc. Is there a chance this might be fixed in the future? Gamespot still is my go to site for all things game related and always will be. However, the main overview is gone now and that's a pity!

#2 Posted by DigitalDame (4116 posts) -

Can you elaborate on what you mean by "full of bugs" please?

#3 Edited by verstraten (8 posts) -

Sorry for the slow reply. Not really bugs, but faulty releases. The lists are littered with games that have been released ages ago.

For instance: http://www.gamespot.com/faery-legends-of-avalon/ is on this weeks release list.

Next to that, a single game often is in the release list 5 days in a row.

#4 Posted by verstraten (8 posts) -

Bumb. *Entering sarcasm mode* I'm so glad that next week and the week after that Heroes of might and magic 3 will launch. Especially, that I also will have it available on my Dreamcast * RIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHT

#5 Posted by stylyy (194 posts) -

@verstraten: Our release list shows games that are 're-released' either in another country or on another platform. So technically it is being released again this week.

#6 Posted by anarayan (335 posts) -

@stylyy said:

@verstraten: Our release list shows games that are 're-released' either in another country or on another platform. So technically it is being released again this week.

stylyy, I would like to suggest a feature... In the game pages, there should be a button for platform (like there is for following a game) that drops down and shows you which version was released when. I think that would help attenuate the confusion when viewing a single game's pages. It should be a simple fix.

#7 Posted by verstraten (8 posts) -

Thanks. Yea, that would be awesome. Like how it used to be: a list per system.