Recommendations for the top reviewers emblem, Reboot!

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#1 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

Well the Weekly Report has been back for a few weeks now and we here in the office feel that now is a great time to get some fresh emblem holders out there. Yep, you heard right, we want to hear who you think deserves to become a holder of a Top 500 or even a Top 100 reviewer emblem!

==============================================

How to make a recommendation!

The player review emblems are hand picked by the Community Team to avoid any emblem exploits such as disruptive posting and to highlight the best writers in the community. The users who are selected are often featured in the Weekly Community News Report too.

If you have a recommendation on an excellent review writer or video reviews uploader please use this thread to alert us.

Guidelines
1) Please be very clear about who you are recommending and if it is a VIDEO or WRITTEN review emblem. Now that we have a video reviewer emblem on the way, it is best to mention that you want us to check their user videos and not their user reviews.

2) Please link to the user's contributions page for written reviews and link to their video reviews if you are recommending them as a user video.

3) If you plan to recommend yourself recommend someone else with your resubmission. Otherwise, this becomes a self-centered thread, which is not the purpose of bringing awareness to good writers.

4) Make sure the user has updated a review in the past 6 months. Some recommendations in the last batch had users who have not posted a review in 6+ months. We often remove the Top 100 or Top 500 emblems from users who have not updated their reviews in a year, and these users are granted the Grandfather emblem category (top 1000 review) for not being active. We use the Top 100 or Top 500 status in community news updates. Therefore, it is best to recommend people who post a review at least once every few months.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. Do I need to be recommended to receive an emblems?
A. It's possible to get the emblem without being recommended. This thread is just for suggestions.

Q. Can I recommend myself?
A. Of course! Recommending yourself is a good place to start. Before recommending yourself try to hunt down other users to post with your recommendations. Be sure to recommend users who have6 or more written reviews or video reviews.

Q. Many people have recommended me! I deserve an emblem.
A. Recommending someone does not mean that they will receive an emblem. The community team are the one that makes a decision based on secret criteria.

Q. Why haven't I received an emblem?
A. We cannot share the criteria about how to receive a review emblem. Do some investigation! Check to see who has the emblem and then read their writing style and/or quality to your own. Grammar and spelling errors may be considered when we investigate a user's written review.

Q. What is the difference between the emblems?
A. The Top 100 are more prolific. The Top 500 user may not have enough written reviews or they need to step it up on their writing skills. Video review emblem require enough videos to be considered. There is also the grandfather Top 1,000 reviews emblem if you happen to no longer post reviews after a year, but that's not something to be proud of. It means you're a slacker that once had the Top 100 or Top 500 emblem.

Q. I want an emblem, give me an emblem, check out my reviews right away!
A. When you post your recommendations do not pester and private message staff or contact the moderators to check out your user reviews. This thread is the appropriate place to post your suggestions. The timeline on knowing when you'll receive an emblem is anywhere between 30 and 90 days of the thread creation. Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

-Saigo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#2 -Saigo-
Member since 2006 • 301 Posts

What's a good amount of reviews for a recommender reviewer to have written? Sure, anyone can write a good review once or twice but is there an unspoken benchmark number wise for reviews submitted for someone interested in the emblem?

charlie_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#3 charlie_killer
Member since 2005 • 114 Posts

I would very much like to recommend myself! I love to write reviews and i do it whenever the possibility arises, heck i've even made five video reviews that i have linked in my personal blog ;)

Here are some of my recent reviews

Mass Effect 2

Duke Nukem Forever

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 digitaldame

What's a good amount of reviews for a recommender reviewer to have written? Sure, anyone can write a good review once or twice but is there an unspoken benchmark number wise for reviews submitted for someone interested in the emblem?

-Saigo-

Its more about the healthy average and the frequent posting of quality blogs. Its just as easy for a average writer to have one single gem as it is for a fantastic writer to simply miss the mark once or twice.

auron11022

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 auron11022
Member since 2003 • 289 Posts

Lightwarrior179 writes some very detailed and well written reviews.

Whoops, here is his contributions page.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

I'll recommend ehsan888 for a top 100 emblem (he currently has a top 500); he consistently writes long and informative reviews.

gamefreak197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 157

#8 gamefreak197
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts

I wish to nominate myself:http://www.gamespot.com/users/gamefreak197/contributions?mode=reviews&tag=all-about%3Bheader%3Bmore

As well as IslandBros15:http://www.gamespot.com/users/IslandBros15/contributions?tag=profile-nav%3Bcontributions

NeonNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

#9 NeonNinja
Member since 2005 • 17318 Posts

Lightwarrior179 writes some very detailed and well written reviews.

Whoops, here is his contributions page.

auron11022

System Wars' Grandmaster of Pain would also like to throw out his support for lightwarrior179. May he be blessed with many emblems in his future.

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#10 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

sequekhan writes good reviews

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

I recommend.....

MYSELF! :D

Sorry friends, most of you guys already have the emblem or just aren't very informative in your reviews. :(

I'll try to get you recommended next time. :oops:

So, I hope I get the emblem of like 1000 or 500. I don't think I deserve 100 because I take a LOOOONG time to write reviews and my games are limited but I do try to write descriptive and informative reviews. :)

Good Luck to all of you who recommend yourself or someone else and I do hope they get it and if not, just keep at it! :D One day, we'll all make it. ;)

zmanrwks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#12 zmanrwks
Member since 2010 • 12562 Posts

As well as IslandBros15:http://www.gamespot.com/users/IslandBros15/contributions?tag=profile-nav%3Bcontributions

gamefreak197

I second this recommendation.

I also want to recommend myself.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#13 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9174 Posts

I would like to nominate myself: http://uk.gamespot.com/users/benleslie5/contributions?mode=reviews&tag=all-about%3Bheader%3Bmore

Bamul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#14 Bamul
Member since 2008 • 2688 Posts

Hello, I would like to recommend myself, but please take in mind that I'm 14 and my first language isn't English when looking at my work. :) However, I'm trying my best to improve with each new written review that I complete and I believe my knowledge of the English language is... well, good enough for this. :P I've been writing reviews since I was 11 or 12 (can't remember the exact age) and I've written a total of 49 reviews on GameSpot so far. The reviews that I'd especially like to recommend from my collection are the following:

• My BioShock 2 Review
  • My Red Dead Redemption Review
  • My Fallout: New Vegas Review
  • My Call of Duty: World at War Review
  • My Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Review
  • My Battlefield 2 Review

The reviews I've listed I believe are the best of my work, but people's tastes differ and I may be wrong so feel free to go poking around with my reviews if those that are included in this post are not good enough for any of the emblems. I aim to get the Top 100 Reviewers emblem. That's all, thank you for reading and I hope for the best. :)

Bamul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bamul

I recommend.....

MYSELF! :D

Goyoshi12

I'd like to recommend Goyoshi12 also, as well as myself. :)

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Goyoshi12

Oh yeah! :o

I also want to recommend Bamul as well as myself as well! :D

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#17 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

So... will any of the suggestions in the previous thread be considered? :?

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 digitaldame

So... will any of the suggestions in the previous thread be considered? :?

Gelugon_baat

Of course @Gelugon_baat ;)

IslandBros15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#19 IslandBros15
Member since 2010 • 1364 Posts

[QUOTE="gamefreak197"]

zmanrwks

I second this recommendation.

I also want to recommend myself.

Make sure you say to recommend me for the written review emblem.

Azghouls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 314

#20 Azghouls
Member since 2006 • 815 Posts

Hi all,

I would like to recommend:

Perth2008

sequekhan

me (top 100 if possible)

Thanks!

sequekhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#21 sequekhan
Member since 2007 • 386 Posts

Thanks for the recommend @Azghouls, @iowastate.

I'd like to recommend Azghouls for the upgrade to Top 100 for WRITTEN reviews, he's been doing it longer than I have, and his reviews were among the first that inspired me to start reviewing. I still check back on his from time to time. Not only because he has good taste in games (a number of which I have), but also because he's a great guy and a fellow Aussie!

I would have put in a vote for ChristianKiss but he doesn't seem as active lately. Sorry iowa, they say you need a recent review, otherwise I'd put in a vote for you too!

Haven't had a chance to read many other reviews, but like my current blog entry says, I would have happily read a few of someone's had they just asked, or pointed me their way. Due to the large quantity of reviews done by users that don't even bother with an avatar, or haven't read around prior to posting, I tend to just avoid other people's reviews.

charlie_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 charlie_killer

@Synthia

How many video reviews do you require for the video review emblem? Cause i have made five thus far.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Goyoshi12

Dang...I keep finding great people that I overlooked! :o

OK, hopefully this is it, I recommend Bamul, Myself, AND...PeterDuck for the reviewer emblems. :) PeterDuck makes wonderful reviews that always seem to hit the mark most of the time and have a great sense of writing skill to them. :P Hopefully one of us will get the emblem but if not then back to the reviewing table! :D

zinoalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zinoalex
Member since 2008 • 1057 Posts

I would like to recommmend Asagea_888. Dave writes excelent reviews.

mariostar0001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#25 mariostar0001
Member since 2009 • 46245 Posts
After reading a lot of these reviews I don't believe I'll be nominating myself, I'm just not qualified enough. :|:P
digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 digitaldame

I would like to recommmend Asagea_888. Dave writes excelent reviews.

zinoalex

I'm pretty sure he already has the top 100 reviewer emblem though. Are you recommending him for something else?

zinoalex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 zinoalex
Member since 2008 • 1057 Posts

Sorry. I didn't think Dave had it yet. I won't noninate myself as mine are too short and are more of a synopsis than a review.

MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#29 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

I'd like to recommend RedHawk4 for the written reviews emblem. He is a strong writer, and has some very detailed reviews. Any others I would recommend already have the emblem. Maybe when I get around to writing some of my blog reviews in a more critical perspective I could be eligible for next year, but that'll give me something to strive for. :D I'm getting a bit tired of GS saying all I've contributed to the site is a blank contributions page. :P

kerk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kerk12
Member since 2010 • 1580 Posts

I would like to recommend myself for the top 1000 :D.

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#31 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

I would like to recommend myself for the top 1000 :D.kerk12

The top 1000 is only for people who were in the top 500 or 100 who have stopped posting reviews. Just a heads up.

kerk12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kerk12
Member since 2010 • 1580 Posts

[QUOTE="kerk12"]I would like to recommend myself for the top 1000 :D.c_rake

The top 1000 is only for people who were in the top 500 or 100 who have stopped posting reviews. Just a heads up.

Oh OK. Sorry for my last post then :D.

Can I please recommend myself for the top 500 then :D ?

charlie_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 charlie_killer

So, when will you announce the new emblem holders? :)

Uther007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#34 Uther007
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Here's who I'd like to recommend:

-Saigo- : For the top 500 reviewers. I really like the way he writes and how he sums up his reviews. He's honest and has good taste. Oh and he's very friendly and professional!

Azghoul : For the top 100 because he almost puts out more reviews than the entire GameSpot staff! I've always liked his reviews and he's always been a "go to" reviewer if I need an opinion.

I don't write reviews but if I did I'd model it after those two. Both are active in the community and great examples of what it means to be a member of GameSpot and I think they'd both truly honor their emblems.

Bamul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bamul

So, when will you announce the new emblem holders? :)

charlie_killer

I too would be interested when we will hear who got the emblems. :D

charlie_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 charlie_killer

May i also ask what the requirements are for the "Video Review" emblem, cause i've made roughly seven thus far that are all linked in my personal blog :)

c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#37 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

May i also ask what the requirements are for the "Video Review" emblem, cause i've made roughly seven thus far that are all linked in my personal blog :)charlie_killer

I believe the video reviews have to be uploaded onto GameSpot to be considered for the emblem.

charlie_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 charlie_killer

Dang it! That oughta take a while :(

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 digitaldame

Still in talks with people about it, but trust me I'd never forget you guys ;) My goal is to have the new emblem holders announced in Fridays Weekly Report.

charlie_killer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 charlie_killer
Nice, now i'm reallly nervous.:P
Bamul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Bamul

Thanks for the emblem. not quite the Top 100 I was aiming for, but it still means a lot to me to be one of the top 500 reviewers on GameSpot. Once again, thanks for taking your time to go through and read my reviews; I appreciate it. :)

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#42 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111406 Posts
After reading a lot of these reviews I don't believe I'll be nominating myself, I'm just not qualified enough. :|:Pmariostar0001
Synthia has explicitly requested we DON'T recommend ourselves... So no offense to anyone here, but we oughta... well, not recommend ourselves. At least get a good GS friend to do it for you. I'll post again later recommending someone, I'd just like to sift through users I know make good reviews, and which of those don't have a Top 500 or Top 100 review emblem.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#44 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

[QUOTE="mariostar0001"]After reading a lot of these reviews I don't believe I'll be nominating myself, I'm just not qualified enough. :|:PCloud_765
Synthia has explicitly requested we DON'T recommend ourselves...

Q. Can I recommend myself?
A. Of course! Recommending yourself is a good place to start. Before recommending yourself try to hunt down other users to post with your recommendations

The_Deepblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

User Lists: 1

#47 The_Deepblue
Member since 2007 • 1484 Posts

Big bump...

I would like to recommend SoNin360:

...and myself: The_Deepblue

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#48 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I recommend Azghoul for a top 100

vguy555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 vguy555
Member since 2007 • 4625 Posts

I'd like to recommend OreoMilkshake for a Top 500 emblem for his written reviews.

OreoMilkshake's Reviews

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#50 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

I recommend Azghoul for a top 100

Legolas_Katarn

I second that.