Quote chains and notifications

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Why does every user in a quote chain get a notification when someone is only responding to the last person in the chain?

Can this be fixed? Im tired of constantly getting notifications for a conversation I am no longer a part of.

It would also be nice if quote chains automatically removed quotes after they get so large.

Or, you know, start enforcing the 4 quote per chain rule.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

My access to profile and notifications is gone. There is no avatar up in the left corner of the screen anymore. I cant get anything. I thought it meant I had to sign in but I can still post.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

I made a thread exactly like this but it was totally ignored by the staff. They intend to do nothing about it like our feedback means nothing at all to them.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 wolverine4262

@Zen_Light:

Ah, I see. Well, It was worth a shot. At least I found someone that agrees with me.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wolverine4262

Great staff and mods we got here.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#6 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

The issue you are having with quoting and notifications is something I made a thread about in the past. My suggestion is to keep talking about it. If we are vocal enough, changes will occur. The moderators do not control this feature. It is the staff who do. Moderators need to request changes the same as normal users.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wolverine4262

@BranKetra:

Thanks for responding. And, will do.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@wolverine4262 said:

Why does every user in a quote chain get a notification when someone is only responding to the last person in the chain?

Can this be fixed? Im tired of constantly getting notifications for a conversation I am no longer a part of.

It would also be nice if quote chains automatically removed quotes after they get so large.

Or, you know, start enforcing the 4 quote per chain rule.

I asked this long ago and was told they didn't want to moderate. I'm not entirely sure what this has to do with moderations. Other sites automatically cut quotes. And I like it better when we had icons for threads we posted in and it took us to last post read. Hate the notifications system.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

@BranKetra said:

The issue you are having with quoting and notifications is something I made a thread about in the past. My suggestion is to keep talking about it. If we are vocal enough, changes will occur. The moderators do not control this feature. It is the staff who do. Moderators need to request changes the same as normal users.

weve been vocal about first unread posts feature and way to tell if weve read/posted in a thread since the site launch, and they still havent done anything about it, besides recently making a thread asking us if we want the features.

No we dont want the features, we just made countless threads asking for them for no reason at all.

--

and semi related, im not getting notifications when im quoted now.

This site is a fucking joke.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#10 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

weve been vocal about first unread posts feature and way to tell if weve read/posted in a thread since the site launch, and they still havent done anything about it, besides recently making a thread asking us if we want the features.

Fixing bugs is the first priority as far as I know. After that, site enhancements are considered. Also, some features have been implemented. For example, the option to delete blogs is now available.

Now, DigitalDame is asking as a representative of GameSpot Staff for user opinions on that feature. Rather than complain about it like you are doing, simply repeating yourself should suffice for results to come about. It is apparent that you take issue with the speed in which site enhancements are put into effect on GameSpot. To be proactive, I recommend making a thread on this forum specifically about that. Staying focused on any particular thread topic makes a great difference in how your feedback is received. It is actually broadly applicable to other forms of communication as well.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

ive made threads asking for the features, and posted in similar threads. those two features where one of the main things we have wanted since the new site launch and we have made our complaints vocal since then. and they have been "working" on them since launch. its a bit ridiculous imo.

i also already posted in the thread asking us if we want the features. making another topic on the matter is not gonna help. it will probly get locked with a message along the lines of "we already have a sticky about this matter. post there".

--

Fixing bugs is the first priority as far as I know. After that, site enhancements are considered.

and going by that, we might as well give up. this site will never be bug free. as soon as they "fix" one bug, more pop up. ITs like a fucking Hydra. chop off one head and two more grow in its place.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 wolverine4262

I'd have more confidence that the staff gave a damn if one of them simply replied to my thread. All I wanna know is that they know its an issue.