Quote box works like a trap

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

If I quote a post or just use a quote box once I get in that box to type or edit a message I'm trapped in there and can't get out to type something under it where I suppose to type my own message .

I have this annoying problem on three computers all using Firefox .

Also when I add a picture in a message it's sometimes impossible to type anything under the picture after adding it as it wont allow my cursor to go under there, just above .

Also when I make a post a lot of times it shows up as edited right from the start.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

@Caseytappy said:

If I quote a post or just use a quote box once I get in that box to type or edit a message I'm trapped in there and can't get out to type something under it where I suppose to type my own message .

I have this annoying problem on three computers all using Firefox .

Also when I add a picture in a message it's sometimes impossible to type anything under the picture after adding it as it wont allow my cursor to go under there, just above .

quote boxes seem to work fine for me. maybe its a browser problem? have you tried doing it on a different browser?

for the pictures I wouldn't be able to help since I currently only get a black screen whenever I try to upload an image.

and for the post appearing as edited, it happens to me sometimes as well. a fix for that would be nice.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I found a workaround for such. I type what I want normally, then if I want to quote something, I type the follow on response to it, or at least part of it, then I move the cursor up between the two paragraphs and insert the quote there, that way, I can move the cursor to the end of the follow on sentence to continue the train of thought. I suppose that could be done with inserting an image and adding text after it.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:

I found a workaround for such. I type what I want normally, then if I want to quote something, I type the follow on response to it, or at least part of it, then I move the cursor up between the two paragraphs and insert the quote there, that way, I can move the cursor to the end of the follow on sentence to continue the train of thought. I suppose that could be done with inserting an image and adding text after it.

Thanks, that's a good tip although shit should work like it supposed to .