Q: About the "pending" function.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Damnation_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Damnation_6
Member since 2004 • 2197 Posts

So I wanted to comment on the 'Intel pulling Gamasutra adds' article and somewhere in my comment there is a word that the system seems to take issue with but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is. I'm not using swearwords, I'm not insulting. It's all properly worded but apparently I typed something I can't. Now if it would show what words it takes offense too I would know and change the wording. I can't shake the feeling that we're getting censored more and more these days and it keeps getting worse.

Can I copy paste what I typed here or will the comment show up as pending and not show on the forum like the comment section?

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

@Damnation_6 said:
Can I copy paste what I typed here or will the comment show up as pending and not show on the forum like the comment section?

The pending system only works in the comment section, not the forum.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#3  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

You should be able to post the comment here (and it'll make it easier to find in the queue too) - the filter that causes pending is a livefyre filter and as such only affects the livefyre comment feeds used for articles, and not the forums. If the comment is fine then it'll be allowed by a moderator when they come across it - unfortunately livefyre has always been extremely rapidly moving and a lot of comments have to be manually looked over so this won't always occur shortly after a comment is made/set to pending.

That said, there are currently no messages from your account on that article - I take it you deleted them after noticing they were pending?

Conner_Macleod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Conner_Macleod
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts

@robotopbuddy: I posted a comment this morning for the same article and mine says pending too even though I don't have any profanity or insults in it. It was posted 9 hours ago but still says pending, can you please take a look at it? If I did violate some kind of rule, please let me know so I can amend my post. I've been a loyal fan of Gamespot since its origin in 1996 and it's still my favorite gaming site so I'd hate to think I'm merely being censored for a dissenting opinion. Thank you for your time.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#5 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

@Conner_Macleod said:

@robotopbuddy: I posted a comment this morning for the same article and mine says pending too even though I don't have any profanity or insults in it. It was posted 9 hours ago but still says pending, can you please take a look at it? If I did violate some kind of rule, please let me know so I can amend my post. I've been a loyal fan of Gamespot since its origin in 1996 and it's still my favorite gaming site so I'd hate to think I'm merely being censored for a dissenting opinion. Thank you for your time.

I see you reposted the same comment recently, so I've allowed the more recent one and removed the old duplicate - the post was fine, just the filter picking up on random words that can be used offensively but often aren't =\

Conner_Macleod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Conner_Macleod
Member since 2003 • 35 Posts

@robotopbuddy: Thank you, I appreciate that and the explanation.