Problems with systems menu bar

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 dab198
Member since 2003 • 3934 Posts

I scanned through the first few pages of the forum and didn't spot this.

I'm having some issues with the new(?) systems menu (which includes the 'cheat codes' button and with the gc/gba/xbox buttons removed).

More often than not, the old menu (still including the old systems and without the cheat codes buttons) will be seen to appear then disappear, and the new menu will fail to load properly, leaving me with what's shown below.  Obviously this makes navigating the site a little tricky unless you know where you're going. (I had to manually enter the forums URL to get here!)

This has been happening since about 1am BST, 11th April, and is happening in IE 6.  If I view the site in firefox, the new menu isn't shown at all, and the old one (without cheat codes button) stays intact.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dab198

I don't like bumping my own threads, but this had slipped off the first page, and I've had some other things happen with it now.

When the On the Spot countdown reminder is shown, the new menu appears perfectly, no issues at all.  As soon as I close that reminder, the problem comes back. There were several times where the menu seemed to 'slide' down the page, before popping back to where it should be.

When I looked at the site from work today, I was still seeing the original menu. So I'm now also wondering why the site's different depending on where I connect from. Curious :)

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

I don't like bumping my own threads, but this had slipped off the first page

dab198

Actually it was still on page one. In fact, the last thread has a post by me in it dated the 10th.

dab198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dab198

Actually it was still on page one. In fact, the last thread has a post by me in it dated the 10the.Dracula68
Ah, I was only set to see 20 threads per page.  Have upped it to 50 now, thanks. 

-- 13th April - Problem seems to be resolved for now. I'm now seeing the old menu (with gba section etc) instead of the new one.