Problems with reviews

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Asagea_888 (429 posts) -

I recently wrote a review for Diablo 3 and noticed that whenever I divided my paragraphs and posted the review, everything merged together into one big wall of text. When I went back to edit the review, I noticed some HTML coding at the end of each paragraph.

It's likely a glitch, but is there anything I can do to work around this issue? Thanks in advance.

#2 Posted by Sparkyboy6 (3 posts) -

I recently wrote a review for Diablo 3 and noticed that whenever I divided my paragraphs and posted the review, everything merged together into one big wall of text. When I went back to edit the review, I noticed some HTML coding at the end of each paragraph.

It's likely a glitch, but is there anything I can do to work around this issue? Thanks in advance.

Asagea_888
I just get rid of the HTML, but I would like it if you could have paragraphs.
#3 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

Hey there Asagea_888,

it is supposed to work like it used to, you hit the enter key and it inserts a paragraph tag automatically. I've tested this and you're correct, something is wrong. I even tried adding .html and it's still not working. I've let the crew know about the issue.

#4 Posted by asian_pride69 (17141 posts) -
I'm having the same issue, but seems like top men are working on it. Thanks Jody!
#5 Posted by kitty (114677 posts) -

Hey there Asagea_888,

it is supposed to work like it used to, you hit the enter key and it inserts a paragraph tag automatically. I've tested this and you're correct, something is wrong. I even tried adding .html and it's still not working. I've let the crew know about the issue.

JodyR
is this
not working at all? Well... it seems that gs isn't letting me edit the html used in the code.
#6 Posted by Asagea_888 (429 posts) -

[QUOTE="JodyR"]

Hey there Asagea_888,

2ndWonder

is this
not working at all? Well... it seems that gs isn't letting me edit the html used in the code.

I'm assuming that's the problem. Thanks again, Jody, for looking into the matter :)

#7 Posted by asian_pride69 (17141 posts) -
I get these "\r\n" codes all over, and even if I take out any html code, it still comes out as a big wall of text without any breaks. But yeah, glad they're aware of the problem.
#8 Posted by kitty (114677 posts) -

[QUOTE="2ndWonder"][QUOTE="JodyR"]

Hey there Asagea_888,

Asagea_888

is this

I'm assuming that's the problem. Thanks again, Jody, for looking into the matter :)

Possibly. That code is pretty much the same as hitting enter on your keyboard. Sometimes, I do that (hit enter) and gs still bunches up my post. Simply adding that (without the editor on) makes things easier to read. Seems to be a html problem. Hopefully it gets resolved soon for you guys/gals. :)
#9 Posted by kennythomas26 (1382 posts) -
I have been having this same problem with my review on Ghost Recon: Future Soldier and this as just recently been a problem and I am hoping something can be done it has been like this since last Friday or so for me.
#10 Posted by BasilVZero (1706 posts) -

Glad to know the team is working on it :)

I thought it was a problem on my end xD

#11 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Typical. I write my first review in years and the site's not working properly when posting it. :lol:

Will we need to edit and repost when this is fixed, or will it sort itself out?

#12 Posted by GAME-QUEST-EX (196 posts) -

I tried posting a review very recently, and there still seems to be a problem with the text bunching up together, and with all these HTML codes inserted into different parts of my review. There are no paragraphs throughout my review once it's posted on GameSpot, even though I originally wrote the review with paragraphs, like usual.

Are the GS crew still aware of this problem and are they working to fix it?

#13 Posted by asian_pride69 (17141 posts) -

I tried posting a review very recently, and there still seems to be a problem with the text bunching up together, and with all these HTML codes inserted into different parts of my review. There are no paragraphs throughout my review once it's posted on GameSpot, even though I originally wrote the review with paragraphs, like usual.

Are the GS crew still aware of this problem and are they working to fix it?

GAME-QUEST-EX
They're aware of the problem as we speak. Jody's informed them about it.
#14 Posted by kitty (114677 posts) -

Typical. I write my first review in years and the site's not working properly when posting it. :lol:

Will we need to edit and repost when this is fixed, or will it sort itself out?

BarbaricAvatar
That sucks. You might have to edit it. If the code I posted above isn't working, then the line breaks might not work when it's fixed. I can't say this with being 100% positive, but I guess we will have to wait and see. I doubt you'd have to repost it.
#15 Posted by AQWBlaZer91 (275 posts) -

I've got the same issue as well. I posted a review of Tales of the Abyss for the 3DS and all the text just got stuck together into one massive paragraph alonside the HTML Coding. No matter what I do I can't get fix my review.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

#16 Posted by Shacks210 (4633 posts) -

This still not fixed?

#17 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

This still not fixed?

Shacks210

Nope.

#18 Posted by Jason210 (22 posts) -

I thought it was just me. let's hope they fix this soon - it's highly annoying not to be able to structure your reviews with paragraphs. Anyone found a workaround?

#19 Posted by BasilVZero (1706 posts) -

Will there be a mass PM Notification or how will we know when this issue is fixed?

#20 Posted by MelonSmasher1 (5 posts) -
I also have this problem. It's really annoying. I hope the team fixes it soon!
#21 Posted by bomberfan14 (99 posts) -

Yeah, I have this problem as well with my latest two reviews. Hope GS can do something about it.

#22 Posted by aryeec (429 posts) -

Ditto...
Bump

#23 Posted by Jason210 (22 posts) -

Still waiting. I've added two reviews now and they are unreadable.\r\n\r\nHave we heard anything official fropm Gamespot yet?

\r\n\r\n

#24 Posted by Shacks210 (4633 posts) -

I am sure GameSpot is handling this problem in the same form they have handled every problem the site ever had. By barely paying it any attention.

#25 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

I also had this problem, and accidently made a thread about it (I'll delete it!). It's very annoying especially when it makes you look a terrible reviewer.

#26 Posted by TheSacredFlame (324 posts) -

Please fix this problem Gamespot as well as not being able to see if anyone has commented on the blogs of other users from the userpage.

#27 Posted by AQWBlaZer91 (275 posts) -

All we can do now is wait for the results. I do hope they fix it cause I got more reviews on the way.

----------

The Bringer of Tales, Betrayal of Fantasy.

Raptr Gamercard

#28 Posted by benleslie5 (7824 posts) -

I hope its fixed soon, there's a few reviews I want to post on here but ain't posting them til they fix the problems

#29 Posted by TheGameDirect (14 posts) -

I have been experiencing this problem too for a few weeks now. Counting on you Gamespot staff!

#30 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

I have been experiencing this problem too for a few weeks now. Counting on you Gamespot staff!

TheGameDirect
I bugged them about it again on Monday and we'll see if there's a simple solution to fix it this week!
#31 Posted by Shacks210 (4633 posts) -

Don't hold your breath.

#32 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Adding this to the start of my recent reviews: "Gamespot Reviews are currently broken, when they're fixed the formatting of this post should be fixed. -----------------------------------"

Mainly so it doesn't make me look like an idiot who's messed up the formatting. SEVENTEEN DAYS NOW GS.

I wouldn't mind if they came here and said "We don't know how to fix it".

#33 Posted by dark_being (3804 posts) -
Came to report the review bug and saw this post. I hope they'll fix it soon, I have a review waiting!
#34 Posted by herzalot (965 posts) -
This doesn't sound like a problem that needs a month to solve. It's just a simple code mess up.
#35 Posted by pigsybum (1675 posts) -
Appears gamespot html coders are plain lazy.. pls fix it.. Don't ignore it just because it's a gamer's review.
#36 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -

Two actions will be taken with this bug. If you've already posted a review, the code is being fixed on your previously posted review. Also, this bug is just about finished with testing so if all goes well it should be resolved today.

#37 Posted by BasilVZero (1706 posts) -

Two actions will be taken with this bug. If you've already posted a review, the code is being fixed on your previously posted review. Also, this bug is just about finished with testing so if all goes well it should be resolved today.

JodyR

Thank you for the response.

I shall post my feed back and....

You are right, the already posted reviews (the ones I posted at least) have been fixed however...I just posted a new one and the coding is still broken :/

Edit: Also just noticed...my avatar isnt working o.O

#38 Posted by J-Man2244 (74 posts) -
I posted a review today and still have the problem. :/ I just deleted the review and I'll wait it out until there's a fix!
#39 Posted by Shacks210 (4633 posts) -

JodyR

Thanks for the update.

#40 Posted by AQWBlaZer91 (275 posts) -

I'm still having issues with the review setup so it needs more work.

Raptr Gamercard

#41 Posted by JustPlainLucas (73815 posts) -

JodyR
Just submitted a review today, still broken. Question: do coders come in on weekends? If not, I believe they should.
#42 Posted by MelonSmasher1 (5 posts) -
This is brutal. This takes some simple coding, but it's taken almost a month and a half. I'm disapointed in GameSpot and I really hope this gets solved soon.
#43 Posted by JodyR (16412 posts) -
They did some further testing this morning and made it live. You should all have some good looking reviews now!
#44 Posted by MelonSmasher1 (5 posts) -
It works! Thank you.
#45 Posted by nutcrackr (12529 posts) -
Thanks for the fix
#46 Posted by J-Man2244 (74 posts) -
Awesome! Thanks for the fix :-)
#47 Posted by Shacks210 (4633 posts) -

It is funny to see it go from "It's been a month WTF GameSpot?" to "OMG thank you GameSpot!" lol

It is about time.

#48 Posted by BarbaricAvatar (977 posts) -

Yep. It works.

I did have to re-post my two reviews but that's not really an issue. Thanks for sorting this out in an extremely long period of time. :)

#49 Posted by TheSacredFlame (324 posts) -

Just re-posted my review.

Thanks for the fix. :D

#50 Posted by BasilVZero (1706 posts) -

Thank you! No more issues at all :)