Posts keep disappearing

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

More than one occasion many of my posts have been disappearing. They will show up at first, upon reload they are gone. Sometimes they last for a while and are gone, or immediately. Either this is a bug, or I suspect some mod or someone with the power who possibly is annoyed or dislikes my postings is deleting them.

I C & P my posts into a editor in case of this so I haven't lost anything so far, but it's annoying to have to repost. If a mod is doing this, would it be possible to look into threads to identify who? And if not, is this a known bug?

This is a recent thread in which it's happened.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

What browser are you using? I'm not currently able to reproduce this issue myself so any additional details you could provide would be awesome.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I have encountered something like this now on at least 2 recent occasions, and I know it's not me. My forum posts are also vanishing, but I don't believe it is a human who is deleting them, it only happens when I try to edit post. Once the edit is done and I get that green message that states 'changes saved' or something similar, my post will then instantly vanish. I'll keep monitoring this and will try it on different devices to see if perhaps it is not an issue with my tablet or something specific to that device, but it is definitely a new glitch as I have been a poster on this site for a long time.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@Alucard_Prime:No one's deleting your posts. At least there's no record of it. You do have some posts that were deleted by you. They start with

Definitely keeping an eye on this one after reading the Gamespot preview...

heh, name sounds cool though, too bad it didn't work out....

Multiple sites are reporting that cross platform play will be possible....

Did you mean to delete those or are they what you're referring to?

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rick

@MirkoS77: Staff members see all posts, deleted or not and I don't see any posts from you in that thread that were deleted. I believe you're having problems I just don't see them.

The last message that was deleted was just "test"

and then on 6/18 a message that starts with a bunch of quotes and ends with "And I can express my displeasure all I please, thanks."

Is that what you're referring to?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Alucard_Prime

@edgework: Yes those are the ones I am talking about.....the one that starts with "Definitely keeping an eye" I made before coming here....after I posted it, I just tried to edit a grammatical error, and as I said above it vanished right after.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By rick

@Alucard_Prime: OK, I undeleted them. If a mod deleted them there should have been a log of that and there isn't. If this happens again please let me know.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Alucard_Prime

@edgework: cool stuff man thanks......I will also try another device see if I get the error again. It was pretty obvious for me that it was not someone deleting them, because my posts would stay there if I didn't edit them.....they would only disappear once I finished editing them. Thanks

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

It seems to have gone away. I'm using the latest verion of Chrome. WSIWYG stopped working also, so I was unable to post anything and had to connect to CBS Interaction altogether. The next morning it was again working. On occassion it still happens, will keep you guys updated.