This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

Hey everyone,

I've been away for a couple of months (it's been too long) and I recently came back to browse around. That's when I noticed my post count. It's at 9470 or so, and I'm pretty sure that when I was here last it was around 10,200 or so.

Obviously it doesn't matter that much, but I thought I'd point it out anyway, just incase...

Thanks! :)

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#2 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@ShadowsDemon: There was a glitch were people were getting inflated post counts. We fixed that and adjusted everyone.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShadowsDemon

@edgework: Well I don't think that mine was adjusted.... :/

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rick

@ShadowsDemon said:

That's when I noticed my post count. It's at 9470 or so, and I'm pretty sure that when I was here last it was around 10,200 or s

That would be an adjustment.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ShadowsDemon

@edgework: Yes....but the correct number should be at the 10,000 mark, then. Hell, I even had two 10k post parties, one on the old site and one here, since they got deleted. Now they've been wiped again...

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#6 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Now you get a third par-tay!

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rick

@ShadowsDemon: I checked the database and that count is correct. Trust me, we delete nothing from the DB so nothing got lost. Maybe you had another account? The counts did get screwed up when importing from the previous DB because that one didn't have every record but as of now they're more accurate. Sorry...

I'm not sure what you mean by posting party. To get to 10k posts you'd need to post every 8.64 seconds for 24 hours. That's kinda hard.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShadowsDemon

@edgework: No, I didn't have another account. This was it.

Also, about the posting party, I mean that I reached 10k on the former website, had the party, then had my posts reset to about 9700. Then I reached 10k again some time in the future and had another posting party.

I'm pretty sure that someone would have said something on both accounts if I didn't actually have 10,000 posts, lol.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rick

oh well then you get to have a third soon.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ShadowsDemon

@edgework: So....I"m guessing the post count isn't going to be fixed up, then?

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rick

@ShadowsDemon: Its accurate based on the data we have. I think I might see the disconnect. Are you also including comments on articles in your total count? If so then they are currently NOT included in the count but they will be soonish. At that point you'll get bumped up, assuming you commented on articles etc..

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#13  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts
@pimphand_gamer said:

Is post count supposed to mean something to anyone?

Nah - it's the same deal as with levels when we had those really - anything past lvl10 or so didn't get you anything worth mentioning on the old site, and there were no new benefits at all by the time you hit lvl20 or so, but levels went a lot higher than that. Post count here is mostly only meaningful up until like 25, after that it doesn't make a noticeable difference at all (and the last negligible thing it affects is long before 1000 posts (I forget the exact number) too I believe, let alone 10000), it's just a number that grows over time and is attached to your account name.

It basically comes down to the gamer mentality though. If levelling up in a game granted nothing at all many would still level up as much as possible anyway, just because it raises the number of something that is considered as a measure of progress.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#14 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@ShadowsDemon: Are you posting in System Wars at all?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@robotopbuddy said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Is post count supposed to mean something to anyone?

Nah - it's the same deal as with levels when we had those really - anything past lvl10 or so didn't get you anything worth mentioning on the old site, and there were no new benefits at all by the time you hit lvl20 or so, but levels went a lot higher than that. Post count here is mostly only meaningful up until like 25, after that it doesn't make a noticeable difference at all (and the last negligible thing it affects is long before 1000 posts (I forget the exact number) too I believe, let alone 10000), it's just a number that grows over time and is attached to your account name.

It basically comes down to the gamer mentality though. If levelling up in a game granted nothing at all many would still level up as much as possible anyway, just because it raises the number of something that is considered as a measure of progress.

But in System Wars, you need 500 post just to create a thread so that has to take into consideration when post numbers are important.

@DigitalDame said:

@ShadowsDemon: Are you posting in System Wars at all?

Is there a difference in SW when post matters besides the 500 post in order to make a thread?

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@davillain-: Technically there shouldn't be. But the System Wars forum has been having a few issues (specifically, there's no current archive of SW posts populated in a users forum history) I'm not sure if there's any connection there, because there shouldn't be. But I'll still add it to the report regardless.