This topic is locked from further discussion.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

I frequently see polls with all options saying they were 100% picked. That or votes don't register. Like in this thread I have tried to vote 3 times now an the site ether doesn't understand that I have already voted or isn't registering my vote. I can't tell which because the results aren't displaying properly regardless.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/sony-has-playstation-experience-nintendo-has-ninte-31704318/#25

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

They're not saying 100% for both for me in that thread at this point in time, and it seems I can only vote once still - while it let's me vote again upon reloading the page, doing so at most changes my vote (or does nothing if I pick the same one), rather than adding a new one.

That said, it currently totals to ~138% between the 2 options, which suggested that there are 11 votes rather than the 8 shown, said percentage being the result of 11 out of 8. The main question is where have those 3 extra votes come from - or perhaps more precisely, specifically what bug in the system allowed them to appear.

I suspect it showed 100% on both for you because both were at 100% or higher at the time.

Edit: Quickly rechecking the thread shows a total of ~145% now, which would suggest roughly 13/9 - so an additional vote that hasn't been counted correctly seems to have appeared recently. It's still unclear as to what exactly causes it however.