Plenty of Feedback... Could we get some response GS please?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

linmukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 linmukai
Member since 2003 • 600 Posts

At this point I am seeing plenty of negative feedback here about the site overhaul but what I am not seeing is any written response from anyone at Gamespot. Maybe there have been some responses buried in the threads here and I have missed them but I've read quite a lot of the posts here and have not seen one.

I'm sure I am not the only one who would like to know what the reaction to our feedback is at this point and what if any changes are being seriously considered or not in clear terms.

My own personal greatest point of dissatisfaction was the complete dumbing down of my profile page with my games collection and the replacement with "stacks" which are an unsorted mess with no information about each game anymore including my ratings of them. Also, my followed games list simply disappeared. What is more, the stacks are not working. I am unable to add new games to my collection for example. I have to think that this site rollout was at least tested on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari browsers and yet many are reporting this feature is broken at such a fundamental level.

So please, could we now get some open and honest communication from Gamespot about what is being done, what will be done and what you are not planning to change? For many of us there are decisions to be made based on your response. So it would be much appreciated.

I've been a member for a decade and I am trying to be polite and respectful in this request despite how displeased I am. I hope you will have the courtesy to reply not just for my benefit but for many others here who probably like myself grow tired of talking to each other about all of this without any real news from Gamespot.

Thank you.

Avatar image for Danyawesomsauce
Danyawesomsauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Danyawesomsauce
Member since 2013 • 115 Posts

I'm not even sure how much they're listening at this point. If they had listened more before this site launched, I don't think it would be the train wreck that it is.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@linmukai said:

At this point I am seeing plenty of negative feedback here about the site overhaul but what I am not seeing is any written response from anyone at Gamespot. Maybe there have been some responses buried in the threads here and I have missed them but I've read quite a lot of the posts here and have not seen one.

I'm sure I am not the only one who would like to know what the reaction to our feedback is at this point and what if any changes are being seriously considered or not in clear terms.

My own personal greatest point of dissatisfaction was the complete dumbing down of my profile page with my games collection and the replacement with "stacks" which are an unsorted mess with no information about each game anymore including my ratings of them. Also, my followed games list simply disappeared. What is more, the stacks are not working. I am unable to add new games to my collection for example. I have to think that this site rollout was at least tested on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome and Safari browsers and yet many are reporting this feature is broken at such a fundamental level.

So please, could we now get some open and honest communication from Gamespot about what is being done, what will be done and what you are not planning to change? For many of us there are decisions to be made based on your response. So it would be much appreciated.

I've been a member for a decade and I am trying to be polite and respectful in this request despite how displeased I am. I hope you will have the courtesy to reply not just for my benefit but for many others here who probably like myself grow tired of talking to each other about all of this without any real news from Gamespot.

Thank you.

Your followed games list is here. I agree its hidden and maybe not very obvious. We'll make that better

Stacks will be getting a revamp very soon. Regarding adding to stacks, its a known issue which should be fixed in the next release.

We've already addressed the big issues with user reviews and are working on more. In the next big release you'll get your ratings on stack items and more sorting/filtering ability in User Reviews. Also your rating on a given game will show up wherever that game is featured. This will likely be released early next week.

In a release to come soon after you'll get sorting ability etc. in stacks.

Hang in there and please keep up the feedback.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

@edgework said:

@linmukai said:

Thank you.

Your followed games list is here. I agree its hidden and maybe not very obvious. We'll make that better

Stacks will be getting a revamp very soon. Regarding adding to stacks, its a known issue which should be fixed in the next release.

We've already addressed the big issues with user reviews and are working on more. In the next big release you'll get your ratings on stack items and more sorting/filtering ability in User Reviews. Also your rating on a given game will show up wherever that game is featured. This will likely be released early next week.

In a release to come soon after you'll get sorting ability etc. in stacks.

Hang in there and please keep up the feedback.

Just forget all the update stuff. Save yourself a lot of work guys and just roll back to the old GameSpot. That's ALL we want.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

I can see it now: the site rolls back, and people are still unsatisfied. no sense in stepping that far backwards. pressing onwards is a much better choice. over time, the site will be improved upon. all we really need is patience.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7 PumpkinBoogie
Member since 2006 • 3375 Posts

@leon2365 said:

I can see it now: the site rolls back, and people are still unsatisfied. no sense in stepping that far backwards. pressing onwards is a much better choice. over time, the site will be improved upon. all we really need is patience.

Pretty much this. Besides people keep calling for a 'rollback', yet I don't think anyone that does truly understands how REALLY broken and how far gone/unfixable the old site really was. At least w/ the newer site they can identify issues quicker and fix them faster. It's all just gotta take time. We have to remember technically we are all simply just in the beta stages of a 'live' site (there's more of us involved now then the smaller test group they used in closed beta).

Although, I will say I do agree w/ linmukai on the fact that you all on the staff that's working at tweaking this site really DO need to be a bit more diligent on letting us know what is getting worked or how certain things are coming along. Please don't be strangers to dropping in every now-and-then giving us updates, lol.

linmukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By linmukai

@edgework: Thanks for your reply.

That list you linked has serious issues and while I appreciate the link, I have no clue how one would navigate to it in the future short of bookmarking it now that you posted it for me. I guess this is moot since you mention it is going to become more visible somehow. The issue with how screwed up the results are is significant though. I had a list of under 20 titles roughly and the results returned by "objects" (which is a peculiar name for a list of games btw) counts around 60 now and is loaded with odd stuff that was never on my followed list. So that is certainly broken as it stands now. Hopefully you are already aware of this and will be fixing it too.

I can see all the changes to the site layout as being a more subjective thing. However, it would be very, very nice if all the lost functionality of the user profile and collection pages (stacks, etc.) was returned as time goes by here. I'm glad to hear you are working on some of that.

On a more positive note, I should add that I do like the inclusion of two new lists (stacks), namely the games I've played and games I've finished. That is a nice addition.

I would still like to see both the Gamespot rating and my rating displayed with stacks entries. Actually, I'd like to see the other user review totals listed there as well like we had before.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By rick

@linmukai said:

That list you linked has serious issues and while I appreciate the link, I have no clue how one would navigate to it in the future short of bookmarking it now that you posted it for me. I guess this is moot since you mention it is going to become more visible somehow. The issue with how screwed up the results are is significant though. I had a list of under 20 titles roughly and the results returned by "objects" (which is a peculiar name for a list of games btw) counts around 60 now and is loaded with odd stuff that was never on my followed list. So that is certainly broken as it stands now. Hopefully you are already aware of this and will be fixing it too.

I can see all the changes to the site layout as being a more subjective thing. However, it would be very, very nice if all the lost functionality of the user profile and collection pages (stacks, etc.) was returned as time goes by here. I'm glad to hear you are working on some of that.

On a more positive note, I should add that I do like the inclusion of two new lists (stacks), namely the games I've played and games I've finished. That is a nice addition.

I would still like to see both the Gamespot rating and my rating displayed with stacks entries. Actually, I'd like to see the other user review totals listed there as well like we had before.

Can you give me some examples of "odd stuff that was never followed" from your follows list please so I can find out how they got in there?

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PumpkinBoogie

@linmukai said:

Now are you sure some of the stuff is not just games that you might be following that have inadvertently been given Japanese version titles, too? I know there is this quirky bug (assuming the staff knows, I believe it was mentioned on here some time ago) where people where actually finding the Japanese release/cover version of some of their games that they had in their collection/following (I know I have quite a few, lol). From looking at mines, I believe everything is there other than the few odds and ends Japanese dropped title version, lol (while I will some of those titles are there rightfully as some of the games that I did choose to follow haven't always gotten/have gotten Western releases yet).

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rick

@PumpkinBoogie: That's being fixed right now. Take a look, maybe its fixed for you already. If not it will be by Sunday night.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 leon2365

good to see the staff dropping in for some words of encouragement.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PumpkinBoogie

@edgework said:

@PumpkinBoogie: That's being fixed right now. Take a look, maybe its fixed for you already. If not it will be by Sunday night.

Well, at the moment I still can't say I see the changes...at least not yet, however I do notice some of my titles have disappeared. I don't know I guess I'll re-check it by tomorrow or so maybe it'll be a bit more finalized by then.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14 s_h_a_d_o
Member since 2004 • 1317 Posts

@edgework said:

Not fixed for me - random titles in my Following list are still displayed in Japanese (I assume - it's all Greek to me).

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rick

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@edgework said:

Not fixed for me - random titles in my Following list are still displayed in Japanese (I assume - it's all Greek to me).

The fix is still running. Try tomorrow.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 s_h_a_d_o

@edgework said:

Will do.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 leon2365

at least we are getting updates here.

s_h_a_d_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 s_h_a_d_o

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@edgework said:

Will do.

+20 hours / still broken.

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PumpkinBoogie

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@edgework said:

Will do.

Yeah, I don't see much of a change, either? I mean, if you want, edgework, I could give you a specific list of the ones on my list that need changing. Because like I mentioned earlier, I actually DO have games (on my list) that are suppose to have the Japanese titles and I know which ones shouldn't.

Also, on a slightly related note what's up w/ not being to add/find something in your game search database, but still have it in my wish list stack?? I would assume this from a carry-over of the old site, but I have in my 'Want' stack The Sims 3 Supernatural expansion pack--which I actually ended up eventually buying. However, I didn't realize even I purchased it a little ways back I had forgot to add to my collections, pre-new site launch. Anywhoz, to make a long story short, every time I've tried to add it to my 'new' collections stack your site acts like it can't find the game?

(and in case anybody's wondering, I have an add-on on FF that changes my theme, I didn't just change it to be funny, lol)

Just wanted to point that out....<_<.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By rick

@PumpkinBoogie said:

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@s_h_a_d_o said:

@edgework said:

Will do.

Yeah, I don't see much of a change, either? I mean, if you want, edgework, I could give you a specific list of the ones on my list that need changing. Because like I mentioned earlier, I actually DO have games (on my list) that are suppose to have the Japanese titles and I know which ones shouldn't.

Please give me a few of the games you think are broken. I noticed you do have a few Japanese only releases in your list. There are no US releases for 'Kanji Sonomama DS Rakubiki Jiten" for example.

Regarding Search, that's a known bug and we're working on it. Sorry!

PumpkinBoogie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PumpkinBoogie

@edgework: Actually, I think it may sorta be fixed. But what I had to do was retype some of those games in, in their Western released titles and it seem to be the data base correctly. So that's what'll I'll have to do in my collection.

As for the other crazy thing w/ missing games, thanks for the update!

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Wait, the japanese bug fixed? So many of my games are still displaying japanese box art and titles.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By rick

@Renegade_Fury said:

Wait, the japanese bug fixed? So many of my games are still displaying japanese box art and titles.

A fix is running now. Its taking a LOOONG time. It will hopefully be complete tomorrow.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

@edgework said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

A fix is running now. Its taking a LOOONG time. It will hopefully be complete tomorrow.

I'll check tomorrow then. Thank you.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 leon2365

should still brace for the "worst" just in case.

linmukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 linmukai

@edgework: Star Wars Galaxies: Starter Kit is one. I also notice a bunch of EverQuest expansions listed. I did play EQ for many years and it is possible I had them on follow once upon a time years ago. Maybe that is even true for the SW Galaxies entry. None of this could be anywhere near recent though and if it ever was on my followed list I would have removed it ages ago, as in years ago. I also notice two Anarchy Online expansions listed. Again, maybe I followed those years ago?

I have trouble believing I ever followed the entry: Bet on Soldier: Blood Sport and that is in the list also.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 rick

@GeminiEntity said:

It's fixed, but it requires that you follow the games again. Also, apparently games not released in the US can't be followed.

Its not completely fixed. We needed to run a 'fix it' script against our database. I thought it would take 2 days. It was started on Saturday and it's still going... Almost done though.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 leon2365

good to hear.

Make_Me_Laugh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Make_Me_Laugh
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Lol just came back to check the site and it's still the same terrible layout. Guess you guys helped google with their google+?

eetaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 eetaman
Member since 2008 • 48 Posts

When you guys from GS fix everything, can you please...PLEASE put some kind of filter back for the games we've added, or at least a search bar. I have 400+ games in my collection, and it's tough now to see whether or not a game has already been added, because I can't filter it out nor can I search for it. I have to literally look through each page.

Not to mention I can no longer add WHAT system do I have the game on. Sure you can pick a system and "follow" the game, but you can't pick what system is the game on for your collection stack. For example, I just got Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag for the PS4, but I can't add the system.

So if you can bring those simple features back, I would be very grateful.

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Is the Legacy board ever going to return to the front page? I don't see why the Sports board was put up within a day or two or requests, and yet the Legacy board is still hidden from view.