!! Please help me get this video!! Gamespot allowed download

This topic is locked from further discussion.

truston007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 truston007
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi. I love this video http://www.gamespot.com/videos/final-fantasy-vii-technical-demo-for-ps3/2300-6124987/

I lost my file so i wanna download it. but all i can find now is blur small videos. Gamespot had the big and clear video file, with best quality with watermark "gamespot" on buttom right. i really wanna collect it...

can i download the best video file anyhow? or I dont know where to find it. I dont want those on youtube.

please tell me if u can help.. Thank u!

koreform

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 koreform
Member since 2005 • 30 Posts

I remember when there was an option to download videos on GameSpot... I think they even had a downloader program if I recall correctly. But since a lot of people (especially tech-savvy gamers) are now on broadband and are able to stream HD videos from all kinds of devices without buffering, the need for downloading videos seem to be gone. I would recommend getting a video capture program that allows you to download online streams. As for the video, it is quite old and I can't even get it to play it - maybe it just isn't on the servers anymore?

truston007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 truston007

@koreform said:

I remember when there was an option to download videos on GameSpot... I think they even had a downloader program if I recall correctly. But since a lot of people (especially tech-savvy gamers) are now on broadband and are able to stream HD videos from all kinds of devices without buffering, the need for downloading videos seem to be gone. I would recommend getting a video capture program that allows you to download online streams. As for the video, it is quite old and I can't even get it to play it - maybe it just isn't on the servers anymore?

i just say if the good file is still here, i really want it... those streaming videos are compressed from high quality videos, and i dont want to collect them...

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#4 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Gamespot removed the option to download when transitioning to the new revamped site. Your best option is to use a screen capture device if you can still play the old video. There really is no way of getting back unless you can talk to the staff about getting the feature back. If you want it back you can post here.

gearratio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gearratio
Member since 2006 • 26 Posts

It seems that requests like this are the lowest of the lowest priority. You can create a bug report thread here, but that's as far as it goes. Also, the site's support center is completely broken: You cannot submit any tickets, or if you can (hard to tell based on the broken functions in the support center), they all get ignored anyway; plus, the support center is handled outside of gamespot.

I know this from experience. I've been having a problem with a video on the website, too; was hoping to simply download the video file, they'd just have to upload it somewhere. But it seems that a simple request has to go unchecked by the people who work on the site.

Sorry to have to vent.

truston007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By truston007

thank u people so much for the useful answers. i left a word there but i know it wont work. thx