Please FIX Notifications .

#1 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

First even if I replied someone , it used to say that I got one notification pending (even if no one replied me) . Now it is even more annoying . Every single comment on my forum (that I created) is shown in my notification . It is so hard to locate real reply and ignore hundreds of other comments .

#2 Edited by BattleSpectre (6874 posts) -

Lmao, that's bad. For me notifications are not even working anymore. It just says 0 notifications even when someone mentions me.

#3 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5881 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

Lmao, that's bad. For me notifications are not even working anymore. It just says 0 notifications even when someone mentions me.

It's been ages and this website is still not fixed . First they changed the entire layout , designed it from scratch (made it more heavy) , because of which a lot of commenter moved away from gamespot and never came back (Remember when console related article used to have over 20,000 comments on old gamespot .? Now it is barely 1,000-2,000 at max) . Notifications are broken and you can't even post gifs in articles , where is the fun in that .?

#4 Edited by BattleSpectre (6874 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@BattleSpectre said:

It's been ages and this website is still not fixed . First they changed the entire layout , designed it from scratch (made it more heavy) , because of which a lot of commenter moved away from gamespot and never came back (Remember when console related article used to have over 20,000 comments on old gamespot .? Now it is barely 1,000-2,000 at max) . Notifications are broken and you can't even post gifs in articles , where is the fun in that .?

Yeah I remember the old gamespot indeed, I guess the saying holds true when they say all good things come to an end. Having said that I don't find the new layout necessarily bad, it's just different but it has definitely grown on me.

I do love the new notification system a lot, but the problem is the sites not working right now. We have our good few weeks where most things work as they should, then randomly out of the blue everything turns to shit.

Judging by how long it's been and how these problems still persist, I truly believe gamespot need to hire more help. I don't think their team can handle this website to be quite honest. Either they have a very small team, or their team just aren't good enough and need to be replaced.

I know it sounds harsh but it's true, when players don't perform on a team you replace them, same principal should apply on gamespot. I try to forgive it and look past these errors but they're happening far too often and it's a real turn off for the site. I wouldn't be surprised if even more people have left from here.

C'mon Gamespot, you're better than this. A good start would be to reply to these threads ASAP and let us know what's happening and that you really care.

#5 Posted by heguain (692 posts) -

Everything is buggy in GS notifications, reviews, comment section, everything. The notifications sometimes show me +1 even though I just checked it...

#6 Edited by PaperthinTV (18 posts) -

I hope the GS team can come back after e3 is done, since they'll be super busy with that stuff for the mean-time. Otherwise, the website still looks pretty hah.

#7 Edited by DigitalDame (4433 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium: Out of curiosity, are you "Watching" the forum thread you created? If so that would be part of the issue.