This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

I'm not sure if anything can be done, but there's a stupid survey that keeps showing up after every single link I click on. I was so fed up that I decided to complete the damn thing anyway, but it still keeps showing up. Clicking the "cross" or "Not now" doesn't get rid of it. Anyone else experiencing this?

#2 Posted by gmax (6861 posts) -
If you're referring to the GS survey with the orange borders or whatever, I'm able to just close it when it shows up, and that's what I do. If you aren't able to close it, you might be blocking the javascript that does that. That panel has been a little... heavy for a while, but I had not dug into it since I can just close it. If I see it again soon I'll see if I can figure out what it wants to make the close button work; I'm pretty sure it's going to be some javascript somewhere. Edit: So it looks like the closing mechanisms are javascript-based. The function names appear to be cbsiApexCloseOffer and cbsiApexDeclineOffer, but I'm not entirely sure where they're coming from; I suspect apex.com.com or cn.cbsimg.net. I can't be sure, but it seems like the survey panel itself is probably javascript-generated, and if you're seeing the panel it would seem to imply that you're running the javascript that should also set up the closing mechanisms for you - I think they would probably all arrive together, but that's still a guess at the moment. What browser are you using? That might be a factor. Anyway, if you're comfortable injecting javascript or applying your own CSS there might be some ways to remove the panel or just keep it invisible, but that might be a bit much. Are you blocking everything from apex.com.com and cn.cbsimg.net already? That might be another approach, although I can't say what the side effects might be. $$('div[id|=apexOfferUnit]')[0].dispose();

#3 Posted by mclayton (9 posts) -

I am having the same problem, it is very irritating. I use Firefox, with Adblocker. Not sure if that is the cause, but I shall be looking for a new games website if it doesn't stop.

#4 Posted by CrimsonBrute (23597 posts) -

I am having the same problem, it is very irritating. I use Firefox, with Adblocker. Not sure if that is the cause, but I shall be looking for a new games website if it doesn't stop.

mclayton

I too am using FF with adblock and I haven't come across that survey. Try updating your filters and if that doesn't work try to remove adblock then reinstalling it.

#5 Posted by mclayton (9 posts) -

Ooh, didn't appear today. Maybe someone at GS noticed it was annoying us. Thanks for your help anyway :)