This topic is locked from further discussion.

PointingMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 PointingMonkey
Member since 2014 • 833 Posts

I don't know whether this is something that seems to be giving anybody else grief here on GS but, it seems a lot lately when I leave a comment I keep getting a pending marker on my message. I don't use any bad language in my posts and can understand why GS want to clamp down on this. Even though it does seem a little hypocritical when I've heard a number of staff swear in videos, but that's another matter.

Earlier today I left the below comment on this article http://www.gamespot.com/articles/valve-and-htc-reveal-vive-vr-headset/1100-6425606/:

"3D for movies doesn't work using the same image twice, a 3D camera has two separate lenses which each capture the image from a slightly different angle just as the human eyes do. This has always been the system for producing 3D."

I also initially wanted to add this to the end of the comment: "Do a search for the "Fusion Camera System", developed by James Cameron and Vince Pace, and used to film Avatar, Hugo and Life of Pi. You can clearly see that the camera has two separate lenses." But it came up as pending.

Only upon deleting the second paragraph was I allowed to post this comment without a pending message. I can't understand why this was considered a pending message, yet someone the other day posted a message using a term for a female dog in their comment and it was cleared for posting. The commenter even jokingly questioned how this word was allowed to get past the moderation.

I had a comment recently that also had a pending message, but for the life of me I not could figure out what it was that was being flagged as inappropriate (no bad language, not aggressive in nature etc.) and so just left it to get deleted. It would be nice if a comment it listed as pending if we could get a reason for the it to being flagged, because at the moment it seems like completely harmless comments are being flagged for no reason what so ever.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@pointingmonkey: Sorry to hear the Livefyre system is giving you issues. It often can become overly sensitive for what seems to be no reason. Fortunately, we're moving away from Livefyre in the near future, so hopefully this won't be an issue for you once that switch happens.

Though looking back at your history in Febuary it seems that only two comments have been removed (both were responses to a spammer so when that comment was removed all comments threaded with it were also removed).

PointingMonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PointingMonkey
Member since 2014 • 833 Posts

@DigitalDame:

Thanks for the reply, it's something that felt strange more than annoying, and I just thought I raise the issue here. I started wondering if James Cameron's harsh words about Oculus Rift, had earn him a ban here on GS. Hopefully the move away from Livefyre in the future will improve the system.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 digitaldame

@pointingmonkey: Anytime. Normally, when a comment enters pending it can take some time before it gets approved. The approval process is quick, but our volunteer moderators have to pour through hundreds of comments each day. Though if you're ever curious about what has happened to your comments, you're welcome to send the moderators a message to verify what's going on.

Tr4newreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tr4newreck
Member since 2014 • 674 Posts

@DigitalDame: this is a ridiculous system, get rid of it... i'm tired of going over my comments and wondering how and who i could of possibly offended, or which word is the culprit, when all i've done is post a subdued comment devoid of any angst or swearing.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 digitaldame

@tr4newreck: Have you used the new comments system? There is no pending filter.