Owned Games updates & Search bugs

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jlconrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jlconrod
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

1. BUG REPORT: I spent over 30 minutes extensively adding owned games to the My Games stack. Each time I added a game I carefully clicked the "+" to add the game before using Search for Games to find the next game.

Each time I clicked the plus my Stack was updated with the owned game just added. I had gone from 26 owned games to over 50 owned games when the My Games web page suddenly refreshed. I found myself frustratingly looking a 26 games in my Stack, Despite frequent saves logged in, my over half-hour of updates was lost.

During my search in Add Games there were far too many "tis a barren wasteland" responses for some fairly well known and well distributed older games, even though I found and seemingly added similar games from the same time period.

2. FEEDBACK: I like the Gamespot Search feature but its effectiveness is problematic. For example, when I search specifically for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC, the only review is for Xbox. This occurs even when I click the result page options for PC. I also got no search results when trying to look for Downloadable Content (DLC) for Skyrim or any other game. More and more established games have DLC, so add a search criteria or checkbox for this category.

Also, when I use Search, New Games, Upcoming Games or Games Alphabetical, many of the results include Japanese games. While I'm curious about Japanese games that may be localized to English, unfortunately I do not read or understanding Japanese. Suggestion: Add a Language feature to search so I my search results are only in English. Add a similar Search criteria so I can search ONLY for PC games or Steam games, or other platform-significant criteria.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts
@jlconrod said:

1. BUG REPORT: I spent over 30 minutes extensively adding owned games to the My Games stack. Each time I added a game I carefully clicked the "+" to add the game before using Search for Games to find the next game.

Each time I clicked the plus my Stack was updated with the owned game just added. I had gone from 26 owned games to over 50 owned games when the My Games web page suddenly refreshed. I found myself frustratingly looking a 26 games in my Stack, Despite frequent saves logged in, my over half-hour of updates was lost.

During my search in Add Games there were far too many "tis a barren wasteland" responses for some fairly well known and well distributed older games, even though I found and seemingly added similar games from the same time period.

2. FEEDBACK: I like the Gamespot Search feature but its effectiveness is problematic. For example, when I search specifically for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim PC, the only review is for Xbox. This occurs even when I click the result page options for PC. I also got no search results when trying to look for Downloadable Content (DLC) for Skyrim or any other game. More and more established games have DLC, so add a search criteria or checkbox for this category.

Also, when I use Search, New Games, Upcoming Games or Games Alphabetical, many of the results include Japanese games. While I'm curious about Japanese games that may be localized to English, unfortunately I do not read or understanding Japanese. Suggestion: Add a Language feature to search so I my search results are only in English. Add a similar Search criteria so I can search ONLY for PC games or Steam games, or other platform-significant criteria.

to respond to the feedback and more specifically the example you put forward, when I clicked on the game, it did in fact take me to the dawngaurd xbox 360 review. but afterwards, all I had to do was click on the big "review" button highlighted in orange at the top of the review, and it took me to a list of reviews which included the review for the base game for the xbox 360, and the PC.

as for the dlc, I could not find an easy way to find it, and searching it brings up the "barren wasteland" prompt. so I agree that this should be a feature implemented on the site.

bmxjumperc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By bmxjumperc
Member since 2007 • 26 Posts

I experienced the bug updating the "games owned stack" also. I attempt to add entities to my collection of games but updating fails.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

this seems to occur because every time the "save & finish" button is clicked, at the top of the page it says "problem occurred while processing submission." so there might be some bad code there.