OKH, We Have a Problem

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HybridKing
Member since 2012 • 8322 Posts

Um IDK if this has happened to any other unions but the Organization Kingdom Hearts Union had all of its posts and threads deleted. The updates and images are still there but every post in the forum section is gone. Just about last week, about 20,000 or so posts were deleted and now everything in the forum is gone save for the thread I created earlier alerting the members to what happened. Really need help on this.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#2 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts
Yeah I'm a part of this union and we always have those missing posts or things accidentally deleted.
anihimz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 anihimz
Member since 2010 • 14242 Posts
Am also a part of the union, please find out what's happening I'm scared
JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

From my experience, this often happens when a leader or officer has decided to remove content. I'd make sure you have people you trust in this position.

Because we don't tolerate such behavior, let me see if I can change some stuff in the back end.

HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 HybridKing

I've seen officers delete threads out of spite but the entire union? How big a grudge would someone hold to do that?? It isn't like the officers have some vendetta against each other. At least I hope not :?

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#6 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

I've seen officers delete threads out of spite but the entire union? How big a grudge would someone hold to do that?? It isn't like the officers have some vendetta against each other. At least I hope not :?

HybridKing
I don't think there is one person in the union who would do that. We did argue in the past but all the union members are out of that phase and we all get along nicely. But there is always that possibility..
HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 HybridKing

Just got a report from Shadow about malware. Below is a pic he provided showing what happened when he tried accessing the site. Its in spoilers so it doesn't slow down the loading time of the thread

[spoiler] k8emw.png [/spoiler]

Something similar to this happened last week when I first reported that some posts were gone. When I provided the link, people said they got warnings of malware. Here's where I first reported missing posts and threads for proof

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JodyR

The malware notification surfaced because of a bulletin post contained an image that Chrome disapproves. I went ahead and removed that bulletin so hopefully nobody has a problem loading the front page anymore.http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/home.php?union_id=orgiKH

nintendo-naut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9 nintendo-naut
Member since 2007 • 8543 Posts
The malware notification surfaced because of a bulletin post that contained an image. I went ahead and removed that bulletin so hopefully nobody has a problem loading the front page anymore. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/articles.php?board_id=909187092&union_id=18758JodyR
Thanks for that Jody.

By the way--Everyone open up a tab and start playing Phoenix Wright music. Makes this whole situation a bit cooler.
HybridKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HybridKing

Really Naut? Really? :lol:

nintendo-naut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 nintendo-naut
Member since 2007 • 8543 Posts

Really Naut? Really? :lol:

HybridKing
Hey someone's gotta be the comic relief, here. :lol:
super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

It's impossible for one person or a group of people to delete all those threads in a union.It would take awhile to do that(most likely an hour or two if they have deletion powers), but I highly doubt an officer/leader and his friends would want to waste their time deleting forum pages to take revenge out on members of a union.It's probably a deletion glitch related to the bonk glitch maybe.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JodyR

I agree with nintendo-naut, we sometimes need to laugh crazy stuff like this off. :)

It's impossible for one person or a group of people to delete all those threads in a union.It would take awhile to do that(most likely an hour or two if they have deletion powers), but I highly doubt an officer/leader and his friends would want to waste their time deleting forum pages to take revenge out on members of a union.It's probably a deletion glitch related to the bonk glitch maybe.

super600

True it would take someone very dedicated to deleting topics but it has been done before by union offers/leaders or members that have access to moderate a union board. There is no other unions reporting this as a problem nor have we had a history of an entire union board having content disappear like this due to a bug (excluding server oops errors of course). So, it had to be done by someone. If we had nuked this union, the front page of the union and all of it's pages including the union board would lead to a 404 error.