Not able to click on links from Firefox

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vampyren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 vampyren
Member since 2005 • 135 Posts

Hi,

I noticed i cant click on any links from the main page:
http://www.gamespot.com/

I can open them if i select open link in other tab but clicking them wont do anything from main page.
It works from IE but using latest firefox wont work.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#2 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

This has been reported sporadically. This is a bug in Firefox or a plugin.

KillerK1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 KillerK1ng
Member since 2014 • 135 Posts

have you heard of something called chrome?

vampyren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 vampyren

@edgework:

Thanks for the reply. Now that i'm hope i tested it on a second laptop (work was a pc, home i use macbook pro). To be honest I dont use that many plug-ins (just adblock, downloadhelper and download manager) and if it was a bug wouldn't other sites have the issue? I'm a heavy user so its not like i dont visit other sites :)

Its a easy way to put blame on the browser but did you guys test it properly yourself? How do you come to this conclusion?

If this really is a FF bug please report it to Mozilla, they are pretty fast in fixing things. Its much better if a big site like gamespot report (together with your findings/proof).

@killerk1ng; Sorry to say but your answer is pretty silly, how does this help me? yes i know of Chrome and no i don't want to change browser. What happens next time another site has problem with Chrome? jump to IE? Anyway lets focus on the issue and fix it (hopefully).

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5 rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@vampyren: Get rid of adblock, that's probably it. We do test Firefox. I just tried the very latest version and everything works fine.

vampyren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 vampyren

@edgework: Cool it actually works once i disable adblock. I was doing some more test here using safe mode. I love adblock since it stops all the nasty moving images that irritate the hell our of me :D but i guess you guys make it harder to use adblock hehe

I would love to pay for the site to get rid of ads but i prefer ign for paying since they have so much more gaming guides. Not sure even if gamespot has payed version without ads?

Thanks for the help.

cooperb21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cooperb21
Member since 2015 • 26 Posts

@vampyren said:

@edgework: Cool it actually works once i disable adblock. I was doing some more test here using safe mode. I love adblock since it stops all the nasty moving images that irritate the hell our of me :D but i guess you guys make it harder to use adblock hehe

I would love to pay for the site to get rid of ads but i prefer ign for paying since they have so much more gaming guides. Not sure even if gamespot has payed version without ads?

Thanks for the help.

Hey just to let you know you don't need to disable adblock. The actualy issue is easy privacy I have same issue it happens on chrome its has to do with a filter breaking links on this site. Go to your adblock settings and delete filter that says easy privacy and keep easy list and w/e else you want.

madglee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 madglee
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts

@vampyren: I'm having the same problem from Firefox. Stopped using Chrome on Windows after it was discovered that one can't disable webRTC and it leaks IPs all over the place. Totally insecure.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

@madglee: I'm going to assume that you've already tried to disable adblock on Firefox. If you could give me some better insight by answering the following, that would be helpful:

• Are you using any plug-ins or extensions, if so what are they?
  • What is your Operating System
  • What type of network are you on? (private or public)
vampyren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vampyren

@madglee said:

@vampyren: I'm having the same problem from Firefox. Stopped using Chrome on Windows after it was discovered that one can't disable webRTC and it leaks IPs all over the place. Totally insecure.

hehe That's google for you :) also i cant live without adblock and downloadhelper.

Gamespot dont abuse the ads but man some sites are just not readable without adblock, all the moving gift and sounds can make me mad.

ocphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ocphon
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts

Thanks everyone. I couldn't figure out why none of the links would work on the main page. Haha. I disabled uBlock and now Gamespot is back to normal. Woot woot.

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By digitaldame

@vampyren: Believe me. I'd love to see the return of a premium service for members. Maybe some day.

tsunami2311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tsunami2311
Member since 2003 • 1798 Posts

Maybe one day this might be fixed? I already made mention that its nor Ad block plus in the other thread thats the cause, I have this randomly happen when it is disabled. No other site i ever gona to had issue with Adblock plus causing linked to not work, its just gamespot.

And by disable i mean i disabled it from addon and it still randomly happens.

Win7 64bit

Firefox 36.

I have also had this happen on SAFEMODE restart of firefox, it is the site and only this site with this issue,

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 digitaldame

I already made mention that its nor Ad block plus in the other thread thats the cause, I have this randomly happen when it is disabled.

I can't currently replicate this issue via my own browser. I will still add it to the list of current technical issues.

rzn6jw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rzn6jw
Member since 2004 • 28 Posts

It's also doing it with Internet Explorer.

tsunami2311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tsunami2311
Member since 2003 • 1798 Posts

@DigitalDame: @rzn6jw:

Random issue, it could go weeks working right next it could then switch to not working, for last 2 week i cant click links (left click )on main page gamespot, before that it work correctly for about 3 days.

Granted i general use open new tab to view the links but that not the point the links should work and its only this site

it also does seem links work more offten then not when ABP is disabled, but it still happens with it disabled, so maybe there issue with ABP too but i not about to disable ABP for the only site that has this issue.

Fact that it happen in IE too mean it not browser specific